1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic Chikungunya

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Callum bosua, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Callum bosua

Callum bosua Peer Supporter

I read an article about the joint pain from chikungunya virus. It states 20-60% of people experience years long if not permanent joint pain after the virus has been overcome or the infection is over. They don't know how but suspect it has something to do with RNA information being retained in musculoskeletal tissue. To me this seems like tms given that any cells the rna has blinded to should die within a matter of months not after years or forever.

Has anyone had this virus?

2. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

I am not familiar with this virus, but there is some thought that “Long Covid” is TMS. Nicole Sachs has talked about this on her podcast. I suspect a good portion of vaccine injury is TMS as well, although I haven’t read or heard anyone talking about it.

3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I read that various virus infections may result in long-term effects on the nervous system, similar to long COVID. One example is mononucleosis or Barr-Epstein Syndrome, but it is just one of the many. The most fascinating piece of info came from an old doctor who mentioned that as a student in the 1960s he had seen a fair number of older patients who had Spanish flu and ended up with long-term Parkinson's like symptoms. Whether the injury is from emotional (case of TMS) or physical (viral infection or stroke) trauma, neuroplasticity is the key to recovery from the impact. TMS method is essentially a way to re-wire the brain through training our mind.