1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

CHRISTMAS IS NOT SANTA CLAUS' BIRTHDAY!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Dec 14, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

If you're stressed out and going broke buying presents for everyone this Christmas,
    maybe do what I'm doing and just wishing family and friends a blessed, joyful Christmas
    and if possible not give a gift. Or in lieu of a gift, give to a charity or animal welfare.

I'm telling myself Christmas is not Santa's birthday! Mine is going to be more spiritual.

Bill 1964, Irene and Tennis Tom like this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Great Walt, take it back to its roots, it's about being with those you care for and love, not necessarily the gifts. I think we have all lost the message along the way.

3. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I hope I didn't sound like Scrooge, about gift-giving.
    My next-door neighbors agree with me that the holiday should be more spiritual.
    They have a preteen son and daughter so they do give them presents, but not many,
    and they remind them of whose birthday Christmas is.

5. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

Many have heard that Jesus was likely born in the fall, but few are aware that if you take the markers in the Bible regarding Jesus' conception, you discover that He was conceived right around Christmas time--the Winter Solstic. (Usually takes a scholar to show the markers. lol)

Feast of Tabernacles (also called Feast of Tents) is the last biblical holy day of the calendar year. The idea was that the Hebrews would be removed from their daily life (especially from their city, which in Ancient Hebrew means "Chaos"). They would erect a tent in the wilderness (a word that means "Order" in Ancient Hebrew) and God would be with them their. So, God being with us is the theme of Feast of Tabernacles. Even though many know about Jesus being born in the fall, what few know is that the biblical markers point to Him being born on Feast of Tabernacles--God with us. Some say that was the fulfillment of Feast of Tabernacles. Jesus fulfilled all seven Old Testament feasts.

I always thought that was pretty interesting. I'm well versed in religion, but the more I learn, the more I find that life isn't about religion--it's about emotionally maturing while we're here. God will lovingly finish that process when we die, no matter what we believe, and that's provable biblicaly and through thousands of near-death experiences. So, I'd have to agree with Walt. This holiday is about growing spiritually.

cirrusnarea likes this.