1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Choose yr TMS battles wisely

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mala, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Forest,

I've long suggested at the other forum that there be a sub-forum, like a Reichian screaming room, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetotherapy, :vomit: where those who dare to enter can speak/scream their darkest TMS shadow thoughts and desires :mooning::cigar::punch::rage::mask::jimlad::stinkyfeet: without fear of offending impressionable children and family pets :turtle: which have not yet been exposed to cultural icons like MTV, Molly Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Snoop Dogg, Howard Stern or Barbra Streisand. A prominent warning sign :stop: would be placed at it entrance, worded in conjunction with the :doctor: Surgeon General's Office, that "Entering the Black and Blue Grotto, could be hazardous to one's lungs, moral and mental health, equilibrium and could result in serious side effects such as the 'dizzies' and vomiting" :vomit: .

In this hallowed sanctum, participants would not have to concern themselves with TMS repressing/suppressing and worry about socio/cultural PC norms, memes and niceities. A fee could be charged for lurking that would be earmarked for subsidizing the Wiki and Forest's bar tab.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    Forest likes this.
  2. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

IMG_2190.jpg Your command is my wish, Jan. lol

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, Tom, LSMFT, one thing I love about you is that you always keep your sense of humor. I've been meaning to give you a call to see how you are doing. I picture you in an underground bunker with a hot tub, an Picon Punch (I'm still jealous), and a comedy club.

The Reichian screaming room sounds fun. I can imagine it now, festooned with classic icons of Jolly Rogers and mushroom clouds.

In terms of it actually happening, it probably won't surprise you to hear that it doesn't seem very likely. Controversy and bad blood from in there would likely seep out into the rest of the forum, and it would probably take an inordinate amount of administrative time. (See this thread, for some reasons why.) I think that that is why the vast majority of forums don't have subforums like that.

However, there are many other sites on the internet where you can go that are completely uncensored. I'll let you do some Google searching to find one you like if you are interested.

By the way, I locked this thread earlier today while I was doing some administrative work and gathering some language that I will be using to guide my administrative actions in the immediate future. The thread is unlocked now, so feel free to post! :)

Eventually, with feedback from the community, I plan to write rules customized for this particular forum. In the meantime, I've found some rules that I think will serve us well.

The rules in question are taken from a forum for forum administrators. The forum itself is run exceedingly well. The people who run it are real pros and have my utmost respect, so their rules seem like a great thing to use for now.

The three relevant rules are:
    1. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilized and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.
    2. If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be warned regardless of who started it.
    3. If a moderator or staff member takes an action or posts a directive (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to this. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.
    The full list of rules can be found here.

As always thank you very much for your support. If anyone has any feedback that they want to share, I am eager to hear what you have to say! I've gotten a bunch of very helpful feedback recently and while I haven't had a chance to respond to all of it yet, I appreciate it all very much.

In terms of how to get in touch, you can send any forum member a personal message by clicking on their username or picture and then clicking "Start a Personal Conversation." Alternatively, you can always email me at forestfortreesweb@gmail.com . Finally, if you'd like to share anonymous feedback, you can always log out of the forum and use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page.

Again, thanks everyone for their support and help. It means a lot.

Becca, Ellen, Seraphina and 2 others like this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I am 100% on board, Forest. Not only do I like our forum the way it is - I cherish the atmosphere of respect and support that has developed here over, what, 2-1/2 years? (not counting the "old" forum - which, although on a much smaller scale, projected the same positive spirit). As someone recently pointed out, we can't be or provide everything for everyone. This is what we do, and I think we do it amazingly well.

Thanks to you, Forest - as always, you are awesome.

~Jan

5. North Star

Yes, what Jan said. :)

6. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Yes, I agree 100% with Forrest, Jan, and North Star. I love the positive, supportive atmosphere here!! It's so easy for forum discussions to degenerate into ugly pissing matches. I'm as guilty of it as anyone. There was one particular guy at the other TMS forum who used to really push my buttons and I got into some ugly shouting matches with him. He shall remain nameless, but I can tell you that lot's of folks looked to him as a real guru.

I don't need to be doing that kind of stuff here and I'm TOTALLY on-board with the guidelines of courtesy and respect!!

Mala, JanAtheCPA, Becca and 1 other person like this.
  7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

8. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Now that is something I could raise a glass to! ;)

... but what about my pledge to not accept any money for my TMS work?! Gah!! Now you've got me caught between my pledge and my love of a good cocktail. The pledge wins, of course, but if I'm ever in SF, I'll definitely take you up on that Picon Punch.

BTW, @JanAtheCPA mentioned @Lori and I realized that @Mala just celebrated her birthday. Happy cake day, Mala!
    [​IMG]

I hope you like chocolate. :)

North Star likes this.
  9. Mala

Mala Well known member

Many thx Forest. Chocolate is always good!

10. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Happy Birthday, Mala! Mmm... chocolate cake! An awesome treat for our inner-child.

11. North Star

That thar cake looks mighty nummy! And happy belated birthday, Mala!

12. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

North Star, hi and good luck packing to move to Arizona.
    Moving is a chance to downsize, so maybe you can live without some stuff you
    haven't used in a year or more. Have a garage sale to let someone else enjoy them
    and the money can help with the move.

13. North Star

Walt, you're singing my song! After 25 years of marriage, we've moved at *least* 25 times. And now that my oldest is out of the house, I can truly be more minimalistic with this move. One of my writing projects in the future is to write and eBook on moving - it's something I could do in my sleep! (The moving, that is.)
    It's a good thing I'm organized too…our buyers called and would like to up the closing date by a week…which means one week from today! This is going to be a nutty week for me. :)