1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 12 Childhood Memories and General Progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I have many positive childhood memories, especially my dad taking me to a local bird aviary on a regular basis - as I really loved birds!! I also used to really enjoy dog showing and teaching my dog to do tricks. I even did dog dancing performances with my sheltie when I was around 11-12 years old! Haha.

I admit that I've been feeling frustrated for the last three weeks, as I caught a virus and have been very unwell - much more than usual. Viruses are difficult to deal with because when I already have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, they seem to tip me over the edge so I feel really down and depressed in those times.

I've started to improve today, so I went for a walk outside for the first time in over three weeks… and I felt overjoyed! I stood there in the sunshine and the breeze, and just lifted up my arms to feel the wind as it gave me such a sense of freedom. I don't like being housebound so much!! Argh!

It feels like a slow, plodding journey but I'm really trying to persevere and not give up. It's difficult because I realised recently that I've had the CFS for about a year now… and honestly I didn't realise it would take this long or be this hard. I thought I would recover in a few months. Now I want to keep a long term view of the situation, rather than expecting a sudden, overnight recovery.

SunnyinFL and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

Hi Laudisco,
    It made me smile to read about the things that make you feel good. I hope you can return to that beautiful image of the sun and feeling a nice breeze, with your arms to the wind, as a source of comfort. I think it's great that it sounds like you are starting to give yourself a break. Please don't give up - I can tell you're learning a lot. And, please know that for many of us this is a life-long journey. You probably already know that pressuring yourself to recover is likely to back fire. Please be kind and compassionate with yourself instead! Good luck, Sunny

Laudisco and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Thanks so much Sunny! I appreciate all your kind and supportive words. :)

SunnyinFL likes this.
  4. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

You're welcome, Laudisco! You've got a whole community here that is supporting you - so, please keep reaching out as you continue your journey and keep us posted! More importantly, please try to be kind and supportive to your self, Sunny

Laudisco likes this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Laudisco. It's wonderful that you got outside and enjoyed the sunshine. Try to do that every day.

Laudisco and SunnyinFL like this.