1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Checking in to Say Hello

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Northwood, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Northwood

Northwood Well known member

Hey, All,
    I've been off of the forum for a couple of months, and I wanted to just check in and update. First, thanks to everyone for the insights that have helped me get a better idea about how TMS operates and causes pain. For my part, I started seeing a therapist a couple of months ago and have learned that I'm definitely one of those people who needs to work with a good therapist. The woman I'm working with uses EMDR which, for me, has been effective in connecting me to early memories and helping me to see how what happened impacted (and impacts) me. Previous to the therapy I'd already spent several months on my own peeling away layers of unconscious repression and trying to find a way to deal appropriately with my pain. At the moment, my pain symptoms are all over the map, which is discouraging but makes sense. I've had some moments in which attitude and insight have dialed the pain right down in real time. Pretty amazing. And...plenty of other times when that hasn't been the case. When I get a handle on the size of what I'm dealing with, and when I can make useful sense of it all, I'll share more.

Just wanted to write now to tell you that I care about all of you. Hang in there. Keep looking for your way!

Best,

Northwood

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds like my life this year, @Northwood. I also started talking to "someone" (across state lines, apparently she's not allowed to call it therapy if she's not licensed in my state!) and it's been extremely helpful in a really difficult year and time of life. Uncovering old self-defeating behaviors that I had never figured out on my own.

It's good to hear from you!

HattieNC likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Northwood, and Jan,

Nice to get your updates. I send my friendship and support!

Andy

JanAtheCPA likes this.