1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Cheating to Use a Heating Pad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by alamobecky, Apr 14, 2017.

1. alamobecky

alamobecky Newcomer

This is my third bout of acute TMS (lower back) in about as many decades and I'm a total believer in Sarno's theories but, damn, using a heating pad to help relax my locked-up muscles sounds like heaven right now. I don't know if this question is tongue-in-cheek or not ... would using a heating pad be considered cheating?

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

No

Jacqui9 likes this.
  3. alamobecky

alamobecky Newcomer

Haha, brief and to the point. Thank you!

4. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

I recommend this to my clients all the time! Realizing pain is from tight muscles is a good thing...just remember its a short term pain relief strategy and keep working on your TMS healing!

alamobecky likes this.
  5. alamobecky

alamobecky Newcomer

Thank you, MindBodyPT! I know this pain, too, shall pass. I know what caused it, I know not to be afraid of it ... I'm just ready for it to be gone already! I don't enjoy playing the "my pain is painier than your pain" game, but it's near impossible to resume normal activities when that TMS pain temporarily resides in your lower back. Why can't it be in my big toe or my earlobe? GRRR!