1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Charlie and Jackie

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

So are you a shag dancer, Herbie? Those dancers were incredibly graceful.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Im not a shag Dancer forest but I sure want to be after watching those two have so much fun at it. I never really got to learn any dancing in my life but I think I'd be pretty good once I get the hang of it. Thanks for asking, I would also love to learn the Tango one day too.:)

4. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

I enjoyed that Eric. They are so light on their feet.

I'm a ballroom/latin dancer and I can attest to how much fun it is. You need to try it soon! It's good for the soul.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you so much Dahlia -- I will do that very soon. :) -- Wow, your a Ballroom /Latin Dancer. You're my hero, when did you start Dancing?

6. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Just dabbled a little over the years until about 15 years ago when I found a partner (now husband) who taught me and now we have a great time dancing!

During all the years of most severe pain I never gave it up completely. It didn't matter how much I needed to medicate and/or how much it hurt during or after, I refused to give it up and continued to dance at least once a week....except for the weeks immediately after the 4 surgeries. Oh my. what a time. So glad that is history and that I have a second chance for the future. Thank you Dr. Sarno, and all of you.

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

That's an awesome reply Dahlia. You did exactly what it takes to recondition your thinking -- you kept at it. Such a lovely story of Hope, Love and Perseverance. I would love to quote this lesson you just told me some times, although I say it in many ways I really like the way you added relationship to your story, so soothing -- Although I know you had a time with those surgeries you came out the winner.
    Bless You