1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 20 Changing one thing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by HPJM, Aug 23, 2015.

1. HPJM

HPJM New Member

If you could change one thing about your life what would it be? What steps could you take to make this change?

It would be to be easier on myself: more relaxed and not so harsh on myself, or rush myself or have high expectations. I feel like I would get just as much achieved. I was thinking about setting aside time to do just nothing or relax. I have workaholic tendencies sometimes, even when I don't work.

2. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

Those are great insights, HPJM. Many of us share the same tendencies, myself included. Once I became aware of how much pressure I put on myself, a lot of things changed for me. It also helped me to consciously do some re-programming to override my well-learned tendencies and to create some new neural connections. For example, my perfectionism went way down when I started saying, "Good enough is good enough." The pressure I put on myself went way down when I started saying, "Geez, give yourself a break." Good luck! Keep us posted!

HPJM likes this.
  3. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

Those are great Sunny! I'm gonna make it a point to tell myself the same!

SunnyinFL likes this.