1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 20 Changing one thing...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MSZ812, Apr 17, 2017.

1. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

The SEP question of the day was: if you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? That is tough to answer. I have a list of things I don't like about my life. I could say that I want a great career. I could say that I would love to be living on my own. I could say that I want to find a wife and get married. I could say that I want to lose weight and feel more confident about myself. And, of course, I could say that I want to be pain-free. All those things would be amazing. But all those things stem from my inaction. I've sat on the sidelines for much of my adult life. These issues have piled up, and I've tried to ignore them for far too long. While I've always been a responsible person, I definitely have faced problems adjusting with change. I've lived in a state of suspended adolescence well into my 20s. I feel much shame over this. So, if I could change one thing in my life, it would be the ability to overcome my anxiety and start striving to achieve my life goals.

- Matt

Benjiro likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Matt. I've been reading your replies to others' posts. You're very helpful.

I am a lifelong bachelor and never regretted it. My parents' divorce when I was seven made me marriage-shy. I've been happy with friends and dogs. I have probably been living more like an adolescent, but who cares?

I think it's harder than ever to find a girl to marry. Be very careful. Some of my best friends who were in what I thought were very happy marriages have divorced. Lots of people don't marry but are in relationships with "partners." Slow goes it.

Jamo likes this.