1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 19 Change?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by yvettemariabetancourt, May 10, 2014.

1. yvettemariabetancourt

yvettemariabetancourt Peer Supporter

This day's educational activity was interesting. Our traits and changing them. I have come to realize the last few years, that I dont need to change myself, none of my loved ones seem to want that either. I myself feel that I want to simply find a better version of myself hat benefits me and those around me as a whole. Benefits my head, my heart, my back, my health. It seems that by making some mental revisions to how I process life and its stresses, I will simply be better off. This way I can stop beating myself up and just say meditating, exercising, open discussions, saying no, saying yes when I can are all sensible things for everyone, especially me.

On a positive note, the last week I drove 6 hours. Flew 9. Have been to the gym daily, danced salsa, watched my daughter graduate from Univ. Suma Cum Laude and watched our whole family converge for this wonderful event. It was simply one of the happiest days of my life! 45 days ago I could not walk and was in horrific pain. Through this TMS program, I am seeing some things and believing for the first time in 5 years, I will be fine. I have to make changes, but what is good about me will not disappear.

Ellen and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this post. You are doing it every step of the way. I am so glad for you and your success. Wow, A very beautiful story of triumph. I am so excited for you.
    Thank You so much

3. DavidW

DavidW New Member

That is inspiring! Thanks for sharing your victories. :)