1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 19 Change of direction

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MrPositive248, Mar 24, 2017.

1. MrPositive248

MrPositive248 New Member

Something I'm proud of:

I’m proud I Joined a Gym and have kept up my new exercise program. It’s something I wanted to do for years but was afraid to do. Afraid of the pain, hurting myself, failing, not doing it perfectly, embarrassing myself. It is a complete change of direction for me.

I have no Idea where the sense of pride comes from, it was just there. On the first day I felt so happy and free, almost a childlike sense of adventure.. I have not felt anything like this in a long time.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, MrPositive. It's great that you're exercising at the gym again. No wonder you feel proud. You did what you were afraid of doing. That's always a real winner. Don't trouble yourself that you may not do everything perfect at the gym, or others are doing better. Do what you can, maybe try a little more each time you go to the gym,
    and keep feeling the sense of pride. You have every right to be proud of yourself. I'm proud of you, too.