1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 20 Change 1 thing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by prisd, Mar 7, 2016.

1. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

If I could change one thing, it would be to have had my daughter at a younger age. I journaled on aging today, and I worry about that. But, since I obviously can't change that, the doable thing I would change is to put my daughter in more hours of school so that I have more free time. She's only in school 12 hours of preschool a week at best, but because she's sick so often, it averages out to much less. It's just so expensive.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, prisd. That can't be easy having you daughter at home so much and paying for her preschool. Is there maybe a local service from your church or government that has a preschool program that would keep her away more and not cost as much?

Or else get a group of women together with similar preschool needs and solve the problem together.

Why is your daughter sick so much? Kids often get sick at school when classmates pass it on to others.

3. she333

she333 Peer Supporter

Will her hours change next year? I know the summer months may be long. Funny, I actually have a hard time with my boys getting older. I want to keep them tiny and at home. But it's beautiful how we're all so different. I know there are things to treasure at ever age.

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I had my daughter at age 32, so I can relate. There were times that I thought "I'm too old for this!", but I wouldn't trade it for anything!
    Perhaps a Mom's Day Out program would offer you more flexibility, so you could take her only on days she's feeling well.
    Blessings.

5. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

Thanks all for your comments. My daughter's teacher said this winter has been the worst as far as sickness. This preschool is year-round, so she's only going 12 hours a week, but she'll still go during the summer. She still has a year and a half left, then she'll start public Grade School, and she'll be gone every day of course. I know I could put her in a cheaper school, but this preschool is literally right across the street from my house, so it's convenient that way.

My daughter's really attached to me, so it takes time to get her adjusted to a new babysitting group. I stopped bringing her to the YMCA child watch for that reason. She's also a total homebody and would just stay home every day if she could. She does now love her preschool though.

The solution I want is to get a part-time job so that I can afford to send her more hours. I'm just trying to finish some house projects first.

Gigi, 32 would be considered young these days, at least in my city. I had mine at 38, but I have friends who had their first child in their early 40's.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    dsihaya and she333 like this.