1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 13 CFS Recovery - Latest Progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Yesterday I read a really encouraging book about recovery from CFS, which helped me not to give up hope. I realised that at times I've become quite depressed lately, and started to become apathetic about recovering from my Fibromyalgia/CFS. However, reading the book by Toby Morrison (from Melbourne, Australia) was a breath of fresh air and fresh hope.

I am realising that there are many things I can do each day to keep progressing towards better health - especially gradually increasing my exercise and activity, bit by bit. I'm trying to focus on increasing my quality of life each day, rather than fixating on "getting better" because that can make me discouraged when I don't recover as quickly as I would like. I just want to have the best quality of life I can possibly have now, and slowly get better over time.

Here are a list of daily activities which aid my recovery:

1. Do a relaxation or meditation exercise to calm my anxiety.
    2. Do some form of exercise, such as a short walk or shopping. Aim to slowly but gradually increase it.
    3. Go to bed and get up earlier each day. Keep a sleep schedule and set alarms even for going to bed!
    4. Have a short rest or lie down for 15-30 min, and listen to an uplifting ebook.

Here are a list of other weekly/monthly activities that aid my recovery:

* Aim to keep going to Healing Rooms to receive prayer when I have the energy.
    * Continue doing the TMS Wiki, journalling and reading books about the mind-body connection.
    * Download Father Heart of God resources to aid inner healing and grow spiritually.
    * Read other helpful books on topics like self-compassion, family therapy, and relevant topics.
    * Aim to attend a Christian meditation group once a week.
    * Continue seeing a counsellor and working through my personal issues.

JanAtheCPA and mike2014 like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Laudisco. I'm so glad you found help in the book by Toby Morrison. It sounds like you have gotten some very good advice and are putting it to good use in your TMS healing. Those are wonderful activities and I hope you can do some or most of or even all of them, and thanks for sharing them with us all.

The sermon in Mass today included these words which I add to what you wrote: "Keep a sense of humor, even in the most difficult times."

We can laugh our worries, troubles, or pain away. It works all the time for me.

Have a great day!

Laudisco likes this.
  3. Laudisco

Thank you for the wonderful words, Walt! I've just started a new online programme for CFS and many of the concepts confirm what I learned about TMS from Dr Sarno and related books - except it's tailored for CFS/Fibro. Blessings!! :)

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent, is it the Gupta program by any chance?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  5. Laudisco

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Laudisco. The Optimum Health Clinic sounds great for those with CFS/Fibro. Hope it relieves your symptoms.
    Let us know your progress with it.