1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Celebration !

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mermaid, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi All,

I thought I'd share my little bit of good news in case anyone else is struggling with insomnia.

Last night I slept through 8 hours straight for the first time in over 10 years !! dancea

If I've done it once I can do it again. I'm not going to even think about it any more and just let sleep come back to me naturally and at it's own pace. I'm not falling into the trap of focusing on sleep. I've survived on 3 hours before, so I'm not going to stress about it now. But hey, I'm thrilled !!!

Thanks everyone for your love and support :happy:

joseph32, Anne Walker, G.R. and 10 others like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow! Congratulations on the great night's sleep. Now you know you can have it every night.

Mermaid likes this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations, Mermaid! That is great and inspirational for me, as I too have a long history of insomnia. Your approach sounds like absolutely the right one. Take away the fear and anxiety around sleeping or being sleep-deprived and it all just works out. Thanks for sharing your success.

4. Mermaid

Thanks Walt & Ellen for your kind words, I thought my alarm clock was broken this morning ;)

G.R., Eric "Herbie" Watson and Msunn like this.
  5. Msunn

Msunn Well known member

That's great Mermaid, congratulations! I find your attitude inspirational.

6. Mala

Mala Well known member

Oh well done Mermaid. Here's to many many more nights of quality sleep & sweet dreams!

Mala

7. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Great news, Mermaid. I have been living with an insomnia sufferer for 30 years. It's wonderful to hear there can be a light at the end of that tunnel if you are only willing to travel through the tunnel.

8. Sheree

Sheree Well known member

Good for you Mermaid - that's great news. I have been very lucky and never suffered insomnia , but I do know a good nights sleep makes a big difference to how you feel the next day. So, heres to many more.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Mermaid like this.
  9. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

I dont suffer anymore only the odd occasional night. I used to when I work shift work but I know how awful sleep deprivation is so well done.

10. Mermaid

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but after years of 20 minute naps through the night it feels great to get some real sleep for once. :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  11. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That is great news, and richly deserved. A good night's sleep makes everything better.

Your post speaks to the importance of losing fear and making peace with lack of control. Once those things are in place, healing follows:
    Suffering = pain + resistance

12. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Sending you a big congratulatory hug from across the pond, Mermaid! I am SOOOOOO happy for you!!!

13. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

I think North Star said so perfectly .... exquisite news indeed. Knowing you can do it means we all can do it. Thank you for sharing your strength :)

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

14. Mermaid

Thanks for your support girls, it makes all the difference in the world knowing that there's someone out there who understands :joyful:

15. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Mermaid, I just read your post. I am just so happy for you. You are right if it happened it will
    happen again, again, again...................... You have done amazingly well!!!! You should be
    so proud of yourself with all you have accomplished in healing.

16. Mermaid

Thanks for your encouragement Forest, even at this late stage it really helps to be reminded of the principles of healing.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  17. Mermaid

Thanks Rose, that's very kind :)

18. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Mermaid,
    What do you think helped your sleep? I know I have read many posts of our friends here
    who have insomnia. Any suggestions you can give would be appreciated. I think it is
    awesome how we can learn and glean from one another.

19. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh my gosh. I love this, success. Thank you so much for letting us know Mermaid.
    I'm so proud for you. Awesome, Woo hoo. :)

Richsimm22 likes this.
  20. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I've been hoping to be able to post this since Mermaid first wrote about her success.

Me, too! I slept last night for 8 hours straight with no wake-ups, and woke up feeling rested. And I didn't have to take any medication. There is nothing like a good nights sleep! I can't even remember the last time this happened. Insomnia has been a very persistent TMS symptom in my life.

Mermaid, G.R. and Lily Rose like this.