1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Cautiously optimistic

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by frambo, Oct 30, 2021.

1. frambo

frambo Newcomer

Hi. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and PGAD last year. Both were there for a couple of months and both disappeared during a hospital stay for mania. (I have bipolar II) They both reappeared about two months ago. I can't be sure, but I think they might have been gone because of olanzapine treatment. Going back on olanzapine is not an option however, because the side effects were quite horrible.

I have a much easier time dealing with these symptoms now compared to the first time and I don't let them restrict me as much, but I still wouldn't mind being free of them.

I must admit, I am am bit sceptical about the idea of even most structural problems having a psychological cause, but I guess in my case that doesn't matter much since fibro definitely has at the very least a psychological component to it, and PGAD can be psychosomatic as well from what I've read. To be honest, I almost hope that the PGAD is psychosomatic, because even if it did have a physical cause, it seems to be so rare that treatment is really hard to find. And since both fibro and PGAD are widely regarded as incurable / with no known cure, I am very curious about this more optimistic approach.

I also really do tick most of the boxes, personality-wise.
    So, let's see how this works out.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi frambo, and Welcome!

You're embarking on a potentially life-changing journey (and program). Ask questions, post responses. We love hearing from participants. Many many people have had huge success with this, and similar programs.

Read success stories, be gentle with yourself, learn a daily mindfulness practice, let yourself be and do what you're attracted to. We all have great health down deep. May you find this more and more. It sounds like you're on your way...

Andy