1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Cautiously optimistic

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by norps, Jun 5, 2018.

1. norps

norps Newcomer

Hey there, I'm new to the forum and am just beginning my journey.

I've just finished Dr. Sarnos book "The Mindbody Prescription" on my second try (tried to read it back in 2015, when I first had symptoms of RSI).

While I have a history of possibly psychogenic problems and symptoms the diagnosis is very hard for me to accept. One part is certainly that I'm always skeptical if something can't be backed up by hard science, another part may be that I've never had much success to access or understand any repressed emotions that might linger in my unconsciousness.

Regarding my range of symptoms:
    I've started to have serious stomach and bowel problems in 2007. In the beginning they where so bad that I had to stop going to school. Several gastroscopies and colonoscopies over the years where inconclusive and no doctor knows what's going on. I attended a psychosomatic clinic and when I accepted the pain my symptoms got better so I could get back to school. To this day I often experience pain after eating a meal and eat a gluten free diet since two years, which seems to help a bit.

About a year ago I hurt my knee and have never recovered. I can't dance, do physical work, exercise and walking for longer than 30 minutes is no fun at all.
    This is the condition I'm the least sure it's psychogenic so I'll probably keep doing conservative treatment for my knee for now.

The most acute problem are my writsts. I hurt them a few years ago when I had problems with my foot (also something no doctor could find an explanation and that disappeared by itself after a while) and tried to train my upper body to compensate my lack of exercise. They never fully healed and when I started gaming again they really started to hurt.
    I work at a computer so having wrist problems is really scary as they are my means of existence.

I've already wrote too much so I'll leave it at that.
    I hope writing this publicly will help to keep me committed to the process and maybe some of you have useful advice for me. :)

danargh likes this.