1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Cautiously hopeful!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by CatQueen, Jan 30, 2021.

1. CatQueen

CatQueen New Member

I'm 26 and have been dealing with life-limiting pain and feeling like I'm defective and 'less' for the last 6 years.

I have read Dr. Sarno's book, completed Week 0, and am doing Dr. Alans plan in tandem with this one.

I do accept that I have TMS, but I am struggling to deeply believe I can manage it. I have no structural issues after seeing 10+ doctors and trying every traditional and non-traditional treatment. I try to go into each treatment hopeful but I am used to being crushed and hopeless every time something doesn't work. Previously, I wouldn't have believed my mind could cause pain. I also didn't recognize how much I was repressing or how much anger I had. (Now I am aware of all that I am repressing, but still have to do the hard part of confronting it).

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Balsa11 and Baseball65 like this.
  2. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Good luck and keep us posted!