1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Carpal tunnel book?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by David B, Jan 19, 2014.

1. David B

David B Well known member

My sister in-law has it. I recommended Dr. Sarno's books. Anyone have a recommendation for a book that focuses on TMS for this condition or at least speaks to it heavily?

2. Msunn

Msunn Well known member

Hi David
    That was one of my diagnosis along with other RSI symptoms. I don't know of a specific book, but Dr Sarno describes it as an epidemic created in the computer age and sees it as TMS. I think the Great Pain Deception also takes that same view.

For me the same treatment for other TMS symptoms, stop physical treatments, accept that it's TMS 100%, that's been a gradual process for me but I'm there now. Also I've been doing a lot of journaling on repressed emotions, my TMS personality etc.

There are also several RSI recovery stories posted on this site, some who recovered quickly and dramatically, I'm not in that camp it's taking me longer, but the process is working.

Reading any of Dr Sarno's books and substituting RSI symptoms for back pain could be helpful to your sister in law. In some ways we don't have to deal with the diagnosis of bad disks etc so it could be easier to accept.

Take care

Ellen likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with the others. Dr. Sarno says carpal tunnel syndrome doesn't cause pain. TMS repressed emotions do.
    It's the unconscious mind at work because you're repressing something, probably something that
    makes you angry.

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Unfortunately, there aren't any TMS books that focus on Carpal Tunnel. There is one that focuses on Fibromyalgia, but that is it. I'd recommend to her that she visit our page of RSI success stories to pique her interest (you can find it by just Googling 'tms rsi') and then read Mindbody Prescription (Healing Back Pain is more focused on neck, back and sciatic type pain and doesn't emphasize nerve involvement as much).

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Right. There is no such thing as carpal tunnel syndrome. It's just another thing doctors tell us we have
    because they don't know what ails us. Now it's "Here, take this pain killer." It used to be,
    "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning."

It's TMS from repressed emotions. Simple, yet profound.

6. David B

David B Well known member

Thanks all. Unfortunately her doc is already talking surgery. I will pass along the ideas and hope she at least reads a bit.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

If I were her I'd postpone the surgery. Dr Sarno's book says it's pure TMS.