1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Can your brain manifest pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MommaCat, May 19, 2021.

1. MommaCat

MommaCat Peer Supporter

Health anxiety... Just what it is it? Is it the same as TMS?
    Can ones brain manifest pain and weird sensations?
    Can anxiety about ones health actually manifest pain?
    No one, and I mean no one can figure out what is wrong with me. Countless blood test, MRI, Ct Scan ,exray.
    Only thing is the white lesions( they say apart of aging)
    Arthritis and bulged disks in neck and spine( they say part of aging)
    But the the heck has rib pain( no explanation)
    Face and neck feels tight or weird( no explanation)
    Shortness of breath( no explanation)
    Chest pain, shoulder,leg( no explanation)
    I've been seen by 10 medical professionals...
    Been checked for fungal infections..
    Now someone has implanted Lyme disease in my mind and MS.
    My lovely sister said, you have lived careless by going hiking and going barefooted... Ug!!!!
    I need some guidance , I'm not having a good day.

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Starts with a thought, increase in cortisol gears up the nervous system(pain), digestive, and musculoskeletal systems. You talk to your cells, cells talk to each other, becomes a feedback loop....

oneperson and TrustIt like this.
  3. Balsa11

I've had these same symptoms and I recovered.

Seems like regular TMS with a lot of worries. Every time you rehash your symptoms you're going to feel upset. Focus on something else. "I'm feeling down because I'm having a flare up". Don't dissect every symptom- stress moves anywhere in the body. Thinking psychological is prevention, acknowledging but not being preoccupied by the physical is the work.

Medical workups are useful for severe symptoms that don't reduce. So far, it looks like a rough ordeal with TMS. Feel your feelings and be patient and prepared.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    oneperson likes this.
  4. MommaCat

MommaCat Peer Supporter

Thank you. It's the abdominal symptoms that just keep on and on..even the face stuff. Some days l think I'll be okay and then bam... back again

TrustIt likes this.
  5. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

This is exactly what's going on with me MommaCat. The digestive issues. I'll get a couple of days of relief and feel totally well and feel victorious over TMS. I spend those days in gratitude. And then it all comes back and I feel victimized and powerless and of course depressed. I know that a lot of it is the mind loop, as I think I have health anxiety. I get so angry at my mind because I can't seem to change my thoughts...even hard to meditate at times. I have Claire Weekes books. I have all the Sarno books. I have Steve Ozanich books. And yes, I've read them all. I come to the wiki a lot. I've been crying all day because I just hurt. My back is really painful today but it is digestive I know. There's nothing structurally wrong with my back. And I have never had back pain per se. I can and have dished out advice and encouragement on a few of these forum posts when I have overcome other things like migraines but today I just need some help myself, not to hijack your post. I am sorry you hurt. I am following your post so we and maybe others can be helped. Any encouragement from you kind successful ones here would be so appreciated.

6. Balsa11

Belly breathing slowly helps with abdominal aches. Yeah, the unexpected symptoms suck. I still get symptoms but they're not that bad anymore.

7. MommaCat

MommaCat Peer Supporter

Has your face ever felt weird

8. TrustIt

DEFINITELY! The thoughts are so tenacious ! I know what to do I just can't seem to do it! Some days I just scream that I just want a pill to shut it up!

Balsa11 likes this.
  9. Balsa11

Sometimes it's pointless to look for something and just re-engaging life might be the right thing to do. Step back from cravings/ruminations and getting back to things you've been avoiding. Also the pandemic loneliness is also a factor. The spasms will go when the feeling of helplessness subsides.

hecate105 likes this.
  10. Balsa11

Yeah, lotion helps. Treat skin extra nicely.

11. Balsa11

Yeah, I was feeling like that a few days ago. But the obsessing about fixing it makes it so much worse. Spacing out or focusing on the desired outcome has helped me more.

TrustIt and Sita like this.
  12. Balsa11

Mild symptoms are great for outcome independence. The body to mind swing is what gets me- more reactivity and less focus. There really isn't one answer but you learn something every day.

TrustIt likes this.
  13. MommaCat

MommaCat Peer Supporter

It is so distracting , you all! My right rib cage hurts also and this facial stuff( on left side) drives me crazy. It seems all I can think of. I had this 8 years ago on the left side. ( FEELS LIKE A DRIED MUD OR TIGHT ) and it finally went away along with the lip sensations. I never had the rib pain before. I just feel so wore out.

14. MommaCat

MommaCat Peer Supporter

I had a seizure and then all these symptoms manifested. They still don't know why I had the seizure. They do t k kw if I passed out, hit head then had seizure or vise versa. I could t drive for three months and then came all this other stuff.

15. TrustIt

Thank you. Balsa11. I PUSH through the days I don't feel well anyway and just tell my body that I'm going to go on with my life. I'm not going to be stopped. Then the very thing I anticipated enjoying is ruined. How one can stop thinking about pain when IN pain is something I have yet to be able to do. And frankly, when I'm in pain, I am depressed, nd when I'm depressed, I lose all motivation to do anything, and I mean anything. What a culdesac from hell.

Balsa11 likes this.
  16. MommaCat

MommaCat Peer Supporter

Mine is just abdominal pain that radiates into my groin. I've had some of the strangest things.

17. fewjoram

fewjoram Peer Supporter

Hope you're fine right now, MommaCat.

18. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

when you get symptoms - get a book out and journal - write anything to get started - about your pain or about how you feel emotionally/psychologically - keep writing. Also - meditate - get a tape/cd with guided meditation and lie down and listen. Or go outside into nature - it is the greatest healer! Sit in the sun, in the rain, look and appreciate....
    Don't get stuck in just dwelling on the pain - I know it ain't easy - I had 22 years of it - but you are worth it - be kind to yourself!

Balsa11, oneperson and Ellen like this.