1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Can you still heal after unnecessary surgeries?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mncjl123, Jun 18, 2016.

1. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

can you still heal from unnecessary procedures, burned nerves, injections, and other traumatic procedures for pain by doing TMS?

brendan537 likes this.
  2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I think instead of "traumatic", invasive would be a better term. That's a very general and open-ended question. In my own experience, I would say generally YES!--depending on what, where, when, how and who??? The human body is very strong and resilient and can withstand and recover from a lot of fiddling and tinkering with.

plum and mike2014 like this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I'd like to echo what Tennis Tom has said, so well.

I'd also like to add, our body has the inate ability to mend itself (as latest studies in neuroscience suggest). We just need to flex that grey muscle that allows healing to take place.

Cap'n Spanky, Tennis Tom and plum like this.
  4. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

For me the answer is absolutely yes. I had surgery for my tennis elbow... and injections for my back. Neither procedure helped at all.

Both problems went completely away after applying Dr. Sarno's methods.

As mike2014 indicated, we have to stop thinking of ourselves as injured. The body has amazing abilities to heal from any trauma.

plum and mike2014 like this.
  5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I shall add my indefatigable yes to the choir. Our glorious bodies repair, replenish and heal all the time. Give them good food, some movement and enough sleep and those little stem cells will act like angels.

If you need some reassurance, explore the work and words of David Hanscom. He has devoted himself to healing pain sufferers from needless and/or botched spinal surgery. You'll find plenty of threads on him on this wiki.

Cap'n Spanky and mike2014 like this.
  6. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Hello,
    Of course you can!!
    I invite you to read my success story,
    Good luck!