1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Can someone please encourage me

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stayfit65, Mar 13, 2016.

1. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

Hello,

Today is bad...very bad. I have really started struggling with burning nerve pain in my back, hips, butt and back of legs. I also have terrible anxiety, so much that I now cannot sleep. I have tried to remain optimistic as much as I can, but that is fading. Can anybody relate at all to these symptoms and PLEASE give me some encouragement. I have responsibilities to my job and family. I can barely concentrate on anything due to the combination of pain and anxiety. Please help.

2. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks to posts here, I learned about Lissa Rankin. She has this free kit, which includes meditations. I found them very helpful.

http://lissarankin.com/free-product/self-healing-kit

I may not be ready to inspire others (desperately swimming to the shore myself), but I know that after a day of pain, there always is a better day. It is raining hard in my town today and rain usually comes with pain, but I am hoping for a sunny day to come. In hope is our path to better future....

Boston Redsox likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi stayfit65,
    I am sorry you are in such distress right now. I can say that I could hardly walk for three years, and now I ski as much as I want. This may mean little, but this may mean a lot. Keep the faith. The method works.
    Andy B

5. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

Thank you all for your responses. I had to put some essential oils on last night and then I had to pop a benzo to get back in the right state of mind. Giantsfan I appreciate those links--I'm bringing up a lot of emotions thru the SEP and I think that's what's causing the ramp up. Andy, I appreciate your saying all of that and sorry you had to go through that pain. I think if I can just get over this last hump I'm there but in the meantime trying to find coping skills. Anxiety is my enemy and I don't know if I can get rid of it without meds because after 23 years this is my first attempt. I'm speaking with an anxiety counselor tomorrow night who also suffered from back pain, so I'm hoping he can give me some guidance.

6. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Stayfit65, have you tried a meditation with Jon Kabat-Zinn on youtube? It is very calming....

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Stayfit. Andy and the others are very encouraging and inspiring. Don't be shy or feel bad about taking medication to relieve your anxiety.
    I was on Librium for three years until I finally discovered the repressed emotions causing my severe back pain. It helped me through a new job and other stresses. Try to increase your belief in TMS to 100 percent and say your positive mantras.

These two quotes are like mantras to me. They remind me to live in the present, not the past or future...

Oprah Winfrey: “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”

Joan Rivers: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God’s gift, that’s why they call it the present.”

giantsfan likes this.
  8. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

I will encourage you. I got over pelvic pain with Sarno and believing that it was 100% psychological. I'm having a tougher time with nerve pain I have now after having shingles down my right arm 6 weeks ago. Still struggling. But, this I feel certain of: they are reporting that 30% of women have chronic pain in some way. If I think logically about this, it's obvious that Sarno is right…that our bodies know how to heal. We are not meant to live in pain. For today, I have to accept that I have pain, but I will do the psychological work and exploration. I don't believe that 30% of women have to live in pain. This makes me sad. We can have a better life and tomorrow. We have to face what scares us or feelings we have submerged. I support this for you!