1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Can several TMS Manifestations Co-exist?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by ineshka, Oct 31, 2017.

1. ineshka

ineshka Newcomer

Hey!
    I just signed up on this forum and would like to as a few questions about TMS. In the book of the Mindbody Prescription, Dr.Sarno discusses how the pain moves from one place to another and how TMS manifests itself in back pain, ulcers and other things. But as i understood that it is usually one thing to the other, in other words, these manifestations do not coexist. In my case however, i have IBS which is due to stress and also skin problems when im extra stressed (usually exam time) When the back pain started (after a lumbar puncture 1 year ago) these other things didnt disappear. I also have bad posture so i have pain in my upper back and shoulder sometimes but its no where near how bad it is for my lower back. So it feels like things are adding up instead of shifting from one thing to the other. Is that also included in TMS ?

2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes TMS can be many things at the same time! Sarno speaks about the pain "moving" but it can also co-exist in multiple ways in the same person at the same time, this is very common. Myself and many other forum members have experienced this.

ineshka likes this.
  3. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

I agree that multiple chronic symptoms like this is a tip off to TMS. I have definitely experienced this.