1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Can pain increase when you hit on a hidden issue?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Livinginhope, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

I have been following the SEP program and the sense that I am getting is that if you land on a previous "third rail issue, or taboo thought", your pain could subside. This morning I wrote on something that has been tucked away in my mind for many, many years, not even listing it on my chart of issues and I initially thought that my pain would simply melt away. It didn't. Is this phenomenon something that is normal for TMS issues or am I barking up the wrong tree? Isn't journaling about something that is a painful admission supposed to be the avenue to healing? Why should this cause more pain for me?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

3. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

This was a good article, many thanks. However, today, I continued thinking I could introduce a little bit of jogging in my walk and today I am in throbbing pain. Guess I tried too much too soon.