1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

can my version of tourettes be TMS?????

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by newlearner, Feb 10, 2022.

1. newlearner

newlearner Peer Supporter

When I was 17 I developed a tic disorder. It's managed now with medication.

At the time, I thought it was due to Flonase (inhaled corticosteroid). Corticosteroids are comprehended to exacerbate tics in people with tourettes.

Additionally, I thought it was due to the black mold in my high school (there was a big lawsuit).

Let me explain now why I wonder if it is TMS.

1) it's very uncommon for tic disorders to BEGIN in the point near adulthood. Usually they are for kids, and frequently outgrown.

2) shortly(ish) before this happened, I had a bit of a peculiar breakup with someone who I believe may be Cluster-B. I'm super codependent (just learning this now, 23 years later) and I was DEPRESSED AS SHIT for like a year when this happened. It's like I felt the pleasure of life get sucked away from me, I went from being stupid euphoric to like unable to understand what to do every day because nothing was fun anymore. I went from being CRAZY IN LOVE to fractured and hopeless.

Normally I wouldn't think this is a concern, still from what I've learned here, emotional issues can produce odd responses.

The tic disorder was unrelenting and continual until I began treatment at 29 years old.

I'm terrified to come off my medication and see if it returns.

2. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

personally, i have always considered tics and tourette-style symptoms as TMS equivalents and successfully dealt with them using TMS healing strategies.