1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Can muscle tension be cured all at once?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Endless luke, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

My primary problem is muscle tension and I've been making progress. I'm doing meditation, reading Sarno, and concentrating on my belief that this is a mental/emotional problem. What I'm trying to understand is whether all these steps that I'm doing and the slow pace of progress is a reflection of the fact that my belief isn't there yet and I'm not ready to get better or whether I'm doing what I should and it just takes a while.

It seems like based on my readings of Sarno if I could just get my belief right the tension would immediately disappear.

2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I've really noticed lately during meditation and breathing exercises just how tense my muscles must have been before when I had TMS pain. Now, after doing breathing exercises for a while, my muscles are starting to let go and sometimes let go even further. I think practicing "mindfulness" of the different parts of your body while doing breathing exercises and meditating allows those various muscle groups to return to an untensed mode. Of course, I can't really predict for certain when you'll achieve those states of advanced relaxation. But persevere and I'm sure you'll see what I mean. I think that the first guided meditation on Howard Schubiner's CD entitled "Mindfulness" is a good exercise to achieve what you're after, Luke. It's enclosed in the flap of Schubiner's Unlearn Your Pain workbook, which I'm not promoting, but which worked for me.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

endless luke ive found that after you get your belief right, which takes severl weeks to months
    with full study, some get it faster, some
    but the conditioning still remains-
    so we will then get the conditioning of laying wrong on a bed per se mixed up with having little break through
    when in all reality weve already come a long way, see

BruceMC likes this.