1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Can it be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by dtsierra06, Dec 29, 2015.

1. dtsierra06

dtsierra06 New Member

So I had done really well for a few months but I'm in pain again! Can it really be TMS even if my pelvis is rotated, one shoulder higher than the other, one hip higher than the other, etc? My pain is in the SI joint on the right side, and a sciatica feeling in the left side.

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

That's what I call TMS after the holidays!

How was you Christmas? Were you stressed out?

Did you have to put up with relatives you rather avoid?

3. dtsierra06

dtsierra06 New Member

Well my pain came back about a month before Christmas. Yes, I would say I was stressed around the time it came back. My mom hasn't been feeling well lately and is undergoing a lot of testing. Makes me nervous.

4. dtsierra06

dtsierra06 New Member

I guess I'm confused about could it be a structural issue because everything looks so wonky? Even if it is a structural issue, can TMS still be the cause of pain?

5. FredAmir

Unless you were in an accident, the structure has not changed. You tension level has.

What is you mom being tested for?

6. dtsierra06

dtsierra06 New Member

She had a CT of her abdomen today. She has had a lot of back pain and pelvic pain also. They found blood in her urine. They've ran some tests but found nothing, hopefully the CT scan is fine too. My mom is literally my rock, I always worry about her health. I guess I always worry about everyone's health dear to me. My sister died a few years ago from cancer.

7. FredAmir

Hopefully she will be fine. You can see how this is such an emotional issue, as it should be, and your subconscious is partly angry, partly worried, and experiences other such emotions that can easily lead to pain in your body.

8. FredAmir

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, dtsierra. FredAmir has given you terrific advice in his replies. Your symptoms are psychological, not structural, and may be mainly caused by worrying about your mother's health. That is natural. You are being certain she gets the proper medical care, so fee comforted in knowing that. If you are a man of faith, no matter the religion, you could pray for her good health, and for yours, too. Prayer is a wonderful form of meditation. Do it while deep breathing.
    That is profoundly calming. Maybe practice it with your mother so she too gets the benefits.