1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Can Infertility be a TMS symptom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by taliaaa92, Dec 2, 2022.

1. taliaaa92

taliaaa92 New Member

Hi everyone,

I was just curious if infertility can be a TMS symptom? I've been seeing a holistic doctor and she said I haven't been ovulating for years (periods are never on time, skip some months, and will bleed for too long) but would be able to tell if I was unable to get pregnant, which is not the case for me.. We have been working on my hormones for a few months but it is still a work in progress and I am still not ovulating. I am a pretty negative thinker, a worrier, I am always riddled with fear, and I think the worst case scenario in everything. I definitely know I am a TMSer as I recently had jaw pain and I've finally worked through that and now I am having ear issues.

I don't see much about infertility on here so I am curious. I know in one of Nicole Sach's podcast she did mention how infertility can be a TMS symptom.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @taliaaa92. This is a tough one. I suspect that the non-professionals who participate on this forum would be very reluctant to make such a pronouncement. We certainly know that long-term stress can affect us physiologically, with inflammatory responses being very common. It would be logical to presume that it could affect fertility on either side. It must be difficult to research, because the fact of infertility causes so much stress, that it might be a chicken-vs-egg conundrum.

Nicole Sachs, of course, is a fully trained and very experienced mental health professional with expertise in the mindbody connection. Presumably she knows whereof she speaks.