1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

CAM TMS HEALING EXHAUST US

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

.I am-thankful everyday believe me, that I can get up smell the air enjoy a hot shower a cup a coffee go for a run ( when I can)excercise .. But most of the day I live with discomfort ...sleepless nights and very uncomfortable days. This is where the quality of life thought re-enters my mind...
    When I was taking meds life was not so hard to endure , call it a cop out or whatever ..tms healing can age a person to death .

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

plum likes this.
  3. Boston Redsox

I read this numerous times Mike thx for

4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Marco, for sure. I call this 'spinning the wheels'. The pain and suffering is bad enough, we really don't need the added stress of trying to heal and feeling like we're going nowhere.

Are you back on your meds?

5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

mike2014 likes this.
  6. Boston Redsox

At the moment nothing for pain just Zoloft for anxiety min dose just to keep it a bay but still have anxiety...and blood pressure med .
    I really don't want to take anymore Lyrica or gabapentin but I will not fight it if I can't calm my pains down.
    Tms healing as really exhausted me to a point to where I feel it's causing more anxiety then helping I need to back off from the whole process

7. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, you need to take a pit-stop. Seems like a lot of tms healing is a '2 steps forward, 1 step back' process but I think that's ok. It is still progress and within this context backing off and indeed laying off altogether is fine.

I would say take whatever meds you need to restore yourself to a pain-free, anxiety-free state. It'll take the pressure off and allow you to re-group. Then, when and only when you feel up to it make a return to the whole tms thing. Bank a few gains, then look at the meds situation.

I think the most important aspect at the moment is to get to a place where you feel better. It's your choice how you do that. I support you in whatever you do.

Ines, Ellen, mike2014 and 1 other person like this.
  8. CandyLu

CandyLu New Member

I know what you mean. I'm currently experiencing a lot of discomfort from going down on my pain meds. I don't think it's exhausting from TMS healing but rather the body trying to normalize from many years of false pain relief. I'm giving myself a break and remembering all the evidence I have built up that it's not physical. You have to remember I gues no pain no gain. Come off of Medicine slowly. This is why pain medications are crap. They hurt you in the long run. Get false relief but pay for it later. Keep trusting that you're healing a little every day. Find your joy. Find one thing that makes you happy and visualize all the time. Kick that brain into gear. I'll be praying for you.
    Candy( still healing everyday)

9. Boston Redsox

Thx you Candy for your words of wisdom ....

CandyLu likes this.
  10. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Take hope in that statement above. When the anchor of pain is lifted the anxiety sail away and will amp up which is a good sign. Carl Jung said it best, "what you resists will persists". Let it come you got this.

Pain exists to distract us from the fear/anxiety. If you need a break with meds use them, but in the end the decisions are our own.

I know the feeling buddy, I have been there, never on pain meds. I was on meds for anxiety and depression, all it did was soothe the rage I had below. Keep the fear from coming through the window. I got to the point where I had to accept the truth, that nothing was wrong with my body or mind, I was reacting to repressed emotions. Good luck I'm rooting for ya, we are what we believe.

Ryan

CandyLu, plum, mike2014 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Leonor007

Leonor007 New Member

12. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

Yes, sometimes medication is needed. Can I ask you what your diet is?

13. Ines

Ines Well known member

This might be a silly question but is psychotherapy an option for you? All of the TMS books say there is a percentage of people who require psychotherapy to heal. I have a date in my mind and if I don't get better by that date, then that is my next step. Maybe you already did that? If so, just ignore my question.

14. Boston Redsox

I have no food restrictions I pretty much eat what I want....I was a Veagan for 14 months in made me sicker and I lost so much wieght got very weak

15. Boston Redsox

I did tms therapy....yes it helped me realize somethings but I felt it was just a stall method to really start living