1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Calmly, At Peace as a Poet Writing His Masterpiece

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Get busy doing something in flow everyday, something you like or love to do. This will help you get out of bed first of all and it will help you to get your focus off the pain and anxiety that we tend to develop when we have nothing to do.
    Some, if not all of us get bored and don't want to do a thing when we're in pain and having anxiety, this is not a great way to effect a cure.
    Remember the more we do nothing, the more time we have to focus on this situation we seem to think is overtaking us and without some outlet like art or exercise or spending time in nature then those walls do have a way of pulling you in.
    Don't try to do any of your activities with too much fervor, just do it in flow, calmly, at peace as a poet writing his masterpiece or a painter painting his master piece for each moment of our days is but a moment in our greatest achievement -- the way we lived our life. Do it with passion but do it all with love and patience, peace and happiness knowing that this time, this movement of grace is healing to all your body and health to all your spirit.

Msunn likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Herbie, this is great advice. I am a big believer in distracting ourselves from TMS symptoms by doing something that we enjoy, that takes our mind off
    of pain or anxiety or worry and moves it onto something pleasant. Last night I watched some DVDs of old Sid Caesar tv shows and some of the skids had me laughing out loud. I haven't laughed at a movie or tv show in probably years. Those old skits with Imogene Coca and others break me up. That's one way I distract my mind from anything that hurts or pulls me down. Find something to laugh at.

I also like surfing the web to research people or events I'm curious about.

I also have begun saying the Rosary every morning. It definitely takes me into a more tranquil, peaceful state.

I think everyone has something they can turn to that can distract them into a more patient, peaceful, happy mood.

Thanks for reminding us all.