1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Call-In Tues July 29: Starting Nicole Sachs' The Meaning of Truth

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

As I announced earlier this month, this Tuesday (July 29) the call-in discussion group will begin its discussion of the TMS book The Meaning of Truth by former Sarno patient and Sarno psychotherapist @Nicole J. Sachs LCSW .

Tuesday's discussion will be a general introduction to The Meaning of Truth and the main themes in it, as well as an introduction to Nicole herself. Excitingly, Nicole will also be joining us this Tuesday!

For this week, we won't be reading any specific sections of the book. We'll start this the following week (August 5).

The official discussion will start at 9:00pm Eastern Time, but phone lines will open approximately half an hour beforehand. Connection details are as follows (visit go.tmswiki.org/connect for full information):
    • If you're connecting by phone, dial 1 201-479-4595 and when prompted enter the pin code 18311499 followed by the pound symbol.
    • If you're connecting via your computer (Fuze Meeting), go to http://fuze.me/18311499 and follow the instructions from there. Connecting via computer gives you access to a chat room and lets you watch webcams of the hosts.
    For more information about the discussion group, and to listen to all past recorded discussions, visit www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group .

I hope to see you all on the 29th!

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is going to be super having the perspective that Nicole brings. I know theres something about looking in the mirror at night or anytime really and those thoughts, those thoughts that only you know and you tell no one except yourself over and over again, often hurtful, painful thoughts. Thoughts of weakness and worthlessness. I have been there, I know what its like to have an ego that doesn't have a heart and a shadow full of bones that were never fully let go. I know what it's like to have the inner child crying on the inside while I'm smiling on the outside. I know what it's like to have the inner bully controlling my every move and keeping fear in my every thought, I know what the inner critic did to me all those times I thought I would finally take that big leap or when I finally got the nerve up to do that one big thing -- the inner critic sabotaged it all. I know what it feels like to think no one feels the pain I feel. The answer is and will always be, we have the power to take control over every lie we have ever told ourselves and every thought we have ever feared or that made us insecure. We have the truth. The answers are here. It's going to be a time of learning to enjoy the journey. A time we learn how to take the hurt out of the pain and look at it for what it really is.
    So looking forward to this, I have had Nicoles book for close to 2 years now and I am so looking forward to exploring every idea and insight we seem to have a way of hiding from our on self. Beneath all that pain and all those doubts is the answer, soon we will be breaking those illusions down.
    Awesome

Shirley and Ryan like this.
  3. Forest

Absolutely! I'm really looking forward to this, too!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Forest,

Thanks for bringing this event about. I'm curious technically what happens if I phone in AND also log in by computer? Would this crash the inter-webs or increase my TMS?

Cheers,
    tt/lsmft

Ellen and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  5. Forest

Surprisingly, both would happen, but the interwebs would only go down in North America. Hopefully NORAD uses a separate network, because we definitely don't want them freaking out with Russia already a little twitchy.

6. Tennis Tom

Forest, thanks for the timely reply! I'll be joining the meeting from my fall-out shelter if my Verizon gets bars from down there.

7. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

My carrier pigeons are prepared to intercede should that scenario unfold.

Forest and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  8. Forest

ROFL. Here at the TMS Wiki, we are very proud of our redundant backups to ensure continuity of service in case @Tennis Tom breaks the interwebs by calling in from his underground hot tub bunker. Let the TMS discussions continue!

Even if by carrier pigeons.

9. Tennis Tom

Thankfully I'm sure Al Gore, the father of the internet, is on look out for enemy subs from his seaside bachelor pad in Montecito.

10. Tennis Tom

They could infect the enemy with bird mites!

11. Forest

Or TMS... We're not sure which. Whatever it is, though, it's probably quite unpleasant.

12. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

And North Star looks like a nut job laughing at her computer in the coffee shop... :D

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  13. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

At first I thought Tennis Tom had broken the interwebs, because I couldn't hear anything on the call. Then I realized my headphones were plugged into the wrong jack. :oops:

14. Tennis Tom

Well I tried, after hooking up by phone and hearing the "BONG, BONG, BONGING," bangheada for about ten minutes, I found the well hidden link to the computer meeting. As soon as I was logged on there were thunderous mike feedback crashing noises fingersinears. I figured it was my fault--of course I didn't cop to it armscrosseddenial--I felt somewhat proud. tiphata

Forest likes this.
  15. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

OK, so now we know who to blame for all the "thunderous mike feedback crashing noises". :headphone:

16. Forest

Great discussion Tuesday night! Thanks to all who called in.

For anyone who missed it, or if you'd like to re-listen to the discussion, here's the recording of Tuesday's call. You can listen to it using the audio player below, or you can download it by right-clicking on this link, or the link located below the audio player, and choosing to save it to your computer.

Click here to download the mp3 audio

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  17. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Great discussion and very insightful. Thank you ever so much for posting, I really need to put Nicole's book to the top of my reading list :).

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  18. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for getting Nicole on to this forum, and THANK YOU NICOLE - you are AMAAAAAAZING!

My mojo is struggling with a relapse, but watching your youtube interview with Nicole gave me such a boost! What an inspiring human being - and so blessed to have worked with Saint Sarno himself!

I also have to say I'm squealing with laughter - I've just started Nicole's book and on page XV of the Preface she says the F word!! It's SO refreshing to read that in a TMS help book, because TMS pain warrants the F word now and again, or all the time! Nicole, thanks for that laugh - I needed it!

Here's the interview BTW - prepare to have your socks blown off!