1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Call-In, Tues April 8: Beginning Walt & Herbie's Book

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey All,

As I mentioned in a previous post, this Tuesday, April 8, the call in discussion group will be reading the first chapter (Introduction) of @Eric "Herbie" Watson and @Walt Oleksy's new book, God Does Not Want You to Be in Pain. Herbie and Walt both recovered from TMS manifesting as back pain, and have written this book together to share their stories and the techniques that helped them the most (one of which includes integrating faith and belief into their approach). They originally met on this forum and have generously allowed us to post the first five chapters of their book for members of our community to read for free.

You can print or read the first five chapters from the following wiki page:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/FirstFive

If you prefer, you can download and print the five chapters as a PDF:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/dl/FirstFive.pdf

Click here for more information about the book

As usual, the call will start at 9PM Eastern Time. Phone lines will open up half an hour early or so. As I mentioned before, we'll also make time during the call for people to ask specific questions and get peer support from the other callers. We will ask if anyone has any questions during the call, but if you have a chance, it's best to call in a couple minutes early so that we can make sure to make time for you.

I hope to see you there!

Forest

----
    Connection details are as follows (for detailed instructions , visit www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Connect )
    • If you're connecting via phone, dial 1 201-479-4595 and when prompted enter the pin code 18311499 followed by the pound symbol.
    • If you're connecting via computer (Fuze Meeting), go to http://fuze.me/18311499 and follow the instructions from there.
    For more information about the discussion group, and to listen to all past recorded discussions, visit www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group .

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Forest

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks. Forest, and good luck baby-sitting. I bet that feels good.

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Nothing like a baby in my arms to help me feel that all is right with the world!
    I'm out of town this week too, but I would like to try and call in via Skype and see if I can join the discussion sometime! I just ordered the book on Amazon. :)

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Gigi, I hope you can join us tonight.

Thanks for ordering the book.

North Star likes this.
  6. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

B…b….but, Forest…who's going to be my drinkin' buddy? Just kidding…though I *did* pick up a margarita wine from Costco today to toast a lovely day in Montana. It's worthy of celebration because we may get snow in a few more days.

Forest likes this.
  7. Forest

Whew! Just had an "inconsolable baby is not very fond of crying it out when he should be sleeping" moment...

Hope you can join the call, Gigi. I really wish I could join it as well, but I will be in airport. (I might try to call in anyway!)

8. Forest

So I was able to call in at the very beginning, but missed most of it. How did it go?

9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

It went great Forest. I didn't know to study for the introduction but that was perfect by design. I wrote the book so coming off the top of my head with thoughts of wisdom was and always will be the best way I know of to have a heart to heart discussion. Having notes is grand but there's something about just winging it and seeing how things turn out.
    Kizaa came on and gave his up-date and he's doing awesome. Thank You so much Kizaa.

We spoke about the higher truths of Acceptance and Awareness -- Re framing and releasing Also forgiveness and worry too name some of the topics. I was overjoyed to see we had a huge turn out of callers to listen in.

Its going to get better and better each week as we go through the chapters. I hear a lot about how folks can find what works for them and then discard the rest. I would like to say in the past before I knew the power of my mind to heal my body that at the end of my studies I wasn't thinking anything was helping ya know -- So sometimes we have to go back over what we might have thought was worthless and see the diamond of knowledge that's left inside.

I remember after I read Sarnos book. I went back to all of my studies and got my my mind clear on the subjects that I didn't think worked -- I worked them again with patience and belief and bam they all turned out being most helpful in my rd to recovery.

Now I know the power in awareness and acceptance and so many other forms of wisdom that I want to tell everyone all about it. I remember I was going to name the Book "Awareness in Truth" because of the huge importance of awareness in our healing but after the night I healed 100% and the way everything just came together for me I knew the name we got now was the correct name for sure. I had faith that I was going to heal and it happened just as I imagined.

Bless You

Forest and Kizaa like this.
  10. Becca

Becca Well known member

What a great discussion. @Eric "Herbie" Watson and @BruceMC , I loved your back-and-forth, and @Walt Oleksy , it was so great to hear your voice on the call!

For those who missed it, never fear: there is a recording (that's how I listened to it, after all :happy:)! As always you can listen to the recorded discussion using the audio player below, or you can download your own copy of the discussion by right-clicking on this link (or the link below the audio player) and choosing to save it to your computer.

Click here to download the mp3 audio
    Next week (Tuesday April 15) the group is discussing the next two chapters, "Eric's Journey - 1" and "Walt's Journey - 1". Like the introduction, these chapters are also available for free!

11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

This was an awesome recording, thank you Becca for the great recording. And BruceMC I knew you'd have some good questions and wisdom. Thanks so much:)
    At 25 minutes I told about how I learned to connect the emotions to the pain. This was a very fulfilling show and kizaa you were awesome man, that is some great results. Keep it up, you own that power. At the 4o:50 mark I tell how to win over tms. At 1:18:00 --wise words from Kizaa, Awesome
    Bless you all
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    Kizaa likes this.
  12. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks a million Becca for posting this recording. I absolutely loved listening to Bruce, Herbie, Walt, North Star and Tennis Tom chatting away. I had to laugh as I could sense Forest wanting to steer the group away from "meandering", but I loved listening to just the flow of conversation. I could have listened to this all day! You're all a joy to listen to.

I loved when Walt described his walks with his dog around the neighbourhood, observing the gardens and the seasons change.

Bruce, I'm glad you brought up EFT. I've tried this and found it really helpful. For me I didn't over analyse the tapping on meridians business, I just went with the flow of it and found it quite hypnotic.

Herbie I loved your reframing exercise with Bruce. Your enthusiasm is infectious! Bruce you made me laugh when you were struggling to uproot the rage, saying "I can't get mad since I did TMS healing" - brilliant!

North Star your reaction to your daughter "rolling her eyes" reminded me about an incident from my childhood which made me chuckle. I recall my sisters and I were all fighting about Cindy dolls or something and my dear mother after trying unsuccessfully to pull us apart, stood up, put her coat and scarf on and said "right, I'm leaving you all", and walked out the door. She was only gone for five minutes, but it felt like an eternity, and when she returned, we all fell over each other into her arms, crying and saying we'd never fight again!

Oh and Walt, you can still write AND marry! It's not too late! :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  13. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you so much Colly. I too think some of the best info comes to light when we are meandering, Walt always has some great stories as do all who call in. To me its a magical moment for sure.:)

I loved it too, I was in Flow as he was telling the story, it is a good show to just relax and gain some good observations for sure.

I love EFT and we will be discussing it as we get to some of the later chapters. EFT has worked remarkably well for me. I love the faster eft style but I also have had great results just tapping the meridian lines.

Thank You for your kind words Colly. I sure have been really wanting to let everyone know about this re-framing for sure and it worked perfectly as it was supposed to. But the way BruceMC said it was hard to get mad was very awesome knowing that is what conditioning with TMS knowledge can do.

Awesome, North Star has always brought up some of the best content during the show. The story brought memories all to my mind when she was talking. Ahhh, the beauty of the moment.

I Totally agree, Walt is still a very handsome eligible bachelor, :)

Colly and North Star like this.
  14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I would if you could recommend a woman who owns a lot of shares in good stock
    or at least owns two apartment buildings.

North Star likes this.
  15. Forest

I'm going to "@mention" @BruceMC and @North Star so that they are notified of this thread.... :)

Colly and North Star like this.
  16. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Colly and Herbie: With EFT, I don't think it's really important whether you buy into the concept of "meridian lines" and acupuncture "trigger points". EFT could work because repeating affirmations while tapping on accupuncture points distracts you from obsessing about your TMS pain; gets you out of the self-referential, narcissist mind set that keeps you focused on your TMS symptoms.

North Star likes this.
  17. Colly

Walt! TWO apartment buildings! Not just one LOL!

North Star likes this.
  18. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I think two would be better. Tall, big ones. Apartment buildings, not necessarily the woman.

North Star likes this.
  19. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for the tag, Forest! I've been working lots the past few days so this VERY fun thread would have been missed.

Walt, I wish my mom were still around so you could marry her. You would have loved her. She was fond of old movies and had a gorgeous soprano voice. And then I'd get you for my stepdad. :)

Colly likes this.
  20. Colly

My Mam is still around and I want HER to marry Walt! I'm sure my Dad won't mind!