1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

By George I thinks I got it! Victory.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Branson, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Branson

Branson Peer Supporter

Summation TMS (cfs) 28 years, unable to work whole time.

So last monday started tms therapy by skype. Ive been taking one walk around apt. complex, there is a good sized hill so it takes a bit b4 I can breathe out my nose again. So I was advise to just extend the walk a little bit more, and then smack down the neg. thoughts.

So I when I could breathe I jogged until I couldnt breathe, then walked home. Overachiever. And then I added an excersize DVD called Essentrics, which kicked my butt. Such pain, such fatigue. So Ive been languishing for a couple days now. Maybe I shoulda done just a little bit extra instead of alot! Im 52 in spud shape. And then...

And then, I come to watch tms recovery of Alan Gordan. Watching that first video. And dawned on me, I cannot judge reality from my perpective but what is normal. A normal 52 year old spud would be sore as hell, for sure, and tired, but would go to work the next day and the next. Lanquishing is not normal, and I want to be normal. Dammit I got a little bit mad! So poof, languishing left, I took my walk. (but no jog, very much out of breath but thats ok I want to be NORMAL not supernormal!

So that is the beginning of GETTING IT!

Hen likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Branson. wanted to languish and do nothing this morning, but here in a Chicago suburb we had 3 inches of snow overnight. I am 85 and live with my dog, but no one to shovel the snow, so I just made up my mind to do it myself. I used the snow blower and despite pushing it and clearing my walk and driveway off, I didn't feel any pain. It was a great psychological boost for me. So keep challenging yourself with walking and other exercise. It defintiely helps in healing. But also do some journaling to discover the emotional reasons your subconscious is sending you pain.

3. Branson

Branson Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt.
    It doesnt matter to me why my subconscious sends me pain/fatigue. It is bull ka ka and that is the main thing to me. There is no danger. Only subterfuge.

I am reading a book called the Wisdom of Dr. Low and it says and I added in ( )

"If you declare something (pain/fatigue) ridiculous--your own reaction-if you declare it as ridiculous, then you don't take it seriously."

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016