1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

But what harm does violence do?

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Author - CAROL TUTTLE

At the beginning of the year 2013, I made a choice to go on a fast. Not from food, but from a certain type of entertainment. It hasn’t been easy, but it’s made a big difference in my life.
    Because after I stopped consuming it, my life felt a lot more peaceful. See 3 reasons why minimizing this particular area of entertainment can make a difference in your life, too.

Because after I stopped consuming it, my life felt a lot more peaceful. See 3 reasons why minimizing this particular area of entertainment can make a difference in your life, too.

Turning away from violent entertainment
    Feeling stressed out? Uneasy? Conflicted? Depressed? Even angry?

Look at the quality of entertainment you are consuming these days.

After I decided not to consume entertainment with violence of any kind, I realized it’s not an easy task. Because violent media is everywhere!

A quick scan of TV shows reveals just how much violence has infiltrated even the most innocent of entertainment topics.

For example, there’s a TV show on called “Cupcake Wars.” There’s no actual violence in the show, but it is referenced violently and it shows you just how far we’ve come as a society.

But what harm does violence do?
    Here are 3 reasons to minimize your exposure to violent entertainment:
    • Violence heightens our stress response
    When we see violent images in movies, TV, video games, etc. (even when they aren’t “real”) our physiology and energetics don’t know the difference. Our system registers it as real violence and it heightens our stress response. And higher stress makes us more susceptible to illness.

• Violence pulls us down into a lower frequency
    Everything has an energetic frequency that can either lift us up or pull us down. When we consume experiences that are of a lower frequency, our life begins to reflect those lower frequencies. I don’t want to tune into a form of entertainment that will pull me down.

If you’re a parent, consider the influence violent entertainment has on them—even if they aren’t exposed directly to it. If there are violent video games and movies watched in the home, that energy can bring everyone down.

• Violence pushes peace away
    I can plug into peace when I unplug from violence. By virtue of turning away from violence, I naturally open myself up for more peace to be present in my life.

We cannot create peace. Peace already exists on the planet. We just have to create space in our world and in our own lives for that peace to flourish. The problem is we as human beings have filled our space with the vibration of fighting, cruelty and violence, which pushes peace away.

My Challenge To You:
    I invite you to try a violence fast of your own and do it with me. Try unplugging from violent media and entertainment even for a 1 week, or 1 month you’ll see how much lighter you are to plug into peace and joy.

How do you manage your entertainment choices? What difference do you notice in yourself based on what you watch? Share your thoughts below.