1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 7 But what about ongoing stress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Izzybella, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Izzybella

Izzybella New Member

I have to say despite traveling the last three days, which my last trip put me in urgent care, pt, omt, and on meds, I feel remarkably good. I had some tense moments but talked myself through most of them using some of the techniques from the wiki and Dr. Sarnos book.
    What I noticed is that while away and disconnected from work, it was easier to get my head straight, and I felt decent, but the minute I checked in with work, the pain ramped up exponentially. Specifically related to email contacts from my bosses boss. The guy is a monster, micromanaging, in your space, emails just to piss people off (I know this is most management but, this guy really works my rage response) . Just thinking about interaction with him I get a knot in my gut. So... Trigger? I think so... But now what? Aside from quit my job or take a LOA(which are on the table), what do you do to handle the ongoing stresses that trigger episodes of pain? Can you come with an unhealthy work environment and still recover?

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Great question, Izzy, and also, congratulations on your travel success!!!

I believe that the answer lies in finding and facing the deep emotional response that triggers your primitive brain to want to repress and distract you with symptoms.

It could be as simple as your true desire to quit, being repressed by all of the fearful reasons why you "can't" quit. Those reasons could be financial, or perhaps emotional, having to do with pride or expectations, your own or those of others.

Or it could be more complicated, having to do with this particular individual, and why his behavior triggers you to the point of symptomatic repression.

Good luck!