1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 But it's day 2.1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Would be TMS practitioner, Dec 9, 2017.

1. I've been doing this thing for a while since reading David Schechter's Think Away Your Pain, and although I haven't been pain free, pain no longer rules my life. I am so won over by the approach that I've made enquiries about training to become a TMS practitioner here in the UK. So partly, I am motivated by wanting to be able to fully live out the approach in my own life. The other thing that's sent me to this site is that yesterday, I woke up with a crick in my neck. I entertained the idea that it might be TMS pain, but basically decided that a crick in the neck was a "real thing", that I had done something to my back but it would get better in a couple of days. That was all well and good, but this morning I woke up having tossed and turned, and the pain was way worse - now it was agony to raise my head enough to drink my cup of tea. I decided I wasn't going to give in to the fear that the pain might get worse and worse, and that's what brought me here. I already feel way better having watched one of the Recovery Program videos and going through the Day 1 materials.