1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Burning pain in face when thinking?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by music321, Sep 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. music321

music321 Well known member

I have the most peculiar symptom, and wonder if anyone else has experienced anything similar. In 2010, I took Lyrica for a short period of time. Upon discontinuing it (my MD felt no need for me to taper from my "low dose") I experienced twitching muscles, anxiety, and burning facial pain. After a few years, the facial pain was entirely gone.

This evening, I have been using my brain in a vigorous way that I'm not accustomed to doing. I'm trying to relearn some chemistry from high school. This involves quite a bit of focused mental activity. This is causing my face to burn quite a bit. The pain is bearable, it's just a sad reminder that I have neurological problems, though.

2. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

If by neurological problems you mean TMS, it is not neurologic. It is psychogenic. Mind induced.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Geez, relearning anything from high school would cause me any number of neuro symptoms. Which I experience regularly anyway, whenever I have to research something about our gawdawful income tax laws.

But as BeWell, said, these days I know such symptoms are indeed brain-induced. Psychogenic. TMS. A distraction to repress the negative feelings of inadequacy that inevitably crop up during such sessions. And rage against our idiotic Congress for writing the laws in the first place.

Seriously, though. This sounds like a conditioned response to me! Classic TMS associated with anxiety. I've been there.

BeWell likes this.
  4. music321

music321 Well known member

thanks for the replies. Whatever the issue, I'm not going to make a big deal of it.

BeWell likes this.