1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Burning Mouth Syndrome

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JessieD, Apr 14, 2023.

Tags:
  1. JessieD

JessieD Newcomer

Hi All
    I’ve been suffering with burning mouth syndrome since Jan 2023 after a nervous break down at Xmas 2022. I have accepted its TMS after visiting many doctors for answers. I’m using the curable app and I’m doing somatic tracking etc, I don’t see any difference in my pain level. It’s absolutely horrendous, all day every day, with no break. My mouth, throat and tongue is on fire and it feels sore !! I need hope this will go :( anyone else suffering with this and have gone into remission??

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @JessieD and welcome - and I'm so sorry you're experiencing this - it sounds horrible. My best recommendation is to listen to the podcast series by Nicole Sachs, LCSW. Her podcast is The Cure For Chronic Pain With Nicole Sachs. If you start with the first episode (from way back in 2018, I think) she describes, either in the first or maybe the second, her burning mouth symptom that was eliminated with TMS knowledge and techniques. Not just burning - eventually also skin peeling! Horrifying. And gone without medical intervention.

Curable is a great equivalent to the SEP (better, really, since it's updated and curated and includes new content, meditations, and podcasts). Listening to Nicole is an excellent addition to doing your daily work on the app, so I highly recommend her - especially given the mouth symptoms. By the way, in her early days Nicole co-taught Dr. Sarno's seminars with him after being his patient. Her personal TMS story is pretty remarkable, and her podcasts regularly include interviews with people who have success stories, and with people who are still struggling.

All the best,

~Jan

JessieD likes this.
  3. Booble

Booble Well known member

My throat was my immediate issue when I found Sarno and TMS. It was so bad that I had laryngitis and didn't speak at all for several weeks. (And I work in a job where I need to speak!) Talk about TMS.
    Booble's Brain: Don't talk!

First I thought that I had burned my throat because I ate something extremely hot. Then I thought GERD. Then I thought thyroid tumor. My brain kept going to dark places in order to distract me.

I was lucky and after reviewing the Sarno videos and then pulling my hidden anger (that I had no idea whatsoever that I had) by writing, my throat suddenly loosened up and in a short amount of time the pain, the dryness, everything dissipated. Now when I feel my throat start to go, I immediately grab my writing and conquer it before it gets to a bad place.

Good luck to you!
    Throat is a common place for holding our emotions. I think the TMS work will do wonders for you.

JessieD likes this.
  4. starlite29

starlite29 New Member

Hi Jessie,

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I had BMS as one of my most distressing symptoms. I was able to completely resolve it using mind-body techniques. I have other issues now which is part of symptom imperative and which means I have more work to do :) I experience odd tongue sensations still but they never dominate my awareness and they just sort of dissolve if they come up. I don’t consider BMS an active issue for me any longer. Know that recovery is possible.

JessieD, JanAtheCPA and Booble like this.
  5. JessieD

JessieD Newcomer

Hey!
    Thank you for your message! I am at in so much with this BMS, it’s been 4 Months of agony every day! I’m so depressed and desperate for relief :(
    What were your symptoms when you had BMS? I pray mine goes? What mind / body methods worked for you best? Thank you !!
    Jess

6. Louise D

Louise D Peer Supporter

I, too, suffer from burning mouth syndrome and am currently having problems that I have not been able to settle on as to whether it's all TMS or not. May I ask, how would you describe your symptoms? I feel for you because this is awful.