1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Burning feet

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by intense50, Apr 30, 2020.

1. intense50

intense50 Well known member

i havent posted in a long time. Got rid of back pain ect.
    Now its burning feet and soreness i guess its called metatarsalgia and yes i looked it up and Sarno and Steve O speak about it. Just venting my symptom imperative frustrations....

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi intense,

So many have TMS in the feet. I was one. Sometimes it arises again. I want to confirm your research. Dr. Marc Sopher was someone who studied with Dr. Sarno and wrote quite a bit about this in his own book, and also as contributor to The Divided Mind. Knowing this is TMS, I hope this is helpful for you. There are physician names for all the pains in the foot, and most of them, probably 95% are likely TMS when they last for awhile.

Andy

intense50, TG957 and Dorado like this.
  3. intense50

Thanks I'm going to get it checked to rule out a injury .

4. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Burning feet was one of my symptoms! This could certainly be TMS/the mind-body connection. When it’s caused by emotions, it’s a product of the sympathetic nervous system being stuck in overdrive. You don’t have to answer this for me - this is purely for you to consider: what’s been going on in your life? How are you managing your stress and emotions? What makes you feel relaxed and happy?

Balsa11 and intense50 like this.
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

An always-good question!!!

intense50 and Dorado like this.
  6. jamejamesjames1

jamejamesjames1 Peer Supporter

I've been going through the ringer of mostly TMS retreads for me.. anxiety, cpps, dizziness...

Ive had a bunch of new symptoms try to pop up but they are much easier.to stop in their tracks before they get going

Three days ago I started getting burning feet after putting in way more miles in a week than usual. I assumed it was TMS as it only hurts when laying down haha.

Seemed funny timing to see this post.at the same time.

Good luck brother... One thing that's been helping me is doing 30 minutes of mindfulness meditation a day... I don't have the whole repressed emotions the others have.. I'm just always in the future with fast paced and negative thoughts that I neeed to slooooow down

Balsa11 likes this.
  7. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

@Dorado I have been PMing you. Have you gotten any of my msgs? Thx Stayfit

8. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

My "CRPS" started in one foot and then a mirror image in the other foot. Not to sound all new agey/woowoo but symbolically it says "I can't take another step. I can't go on like this". I was feeling incredibly trapped in my life ate the time of onset (for many years leading up to it)....I don't think it's a total coincidence.

Balsa11 likes this.
  9. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Even if it's been going on for a decade?

10. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Intense what a freeking life story mate. I have the burning feet. Just being doing a child custody document and my head bursting feet burning and back aching and I’m like what’s wrong with me? Stress and Tension of course! I always thought I could handle it but I obviously can’t do it’s chill time before getting beck to it. Relax into the pain mate it will go away when your good n ready

11. intense50

I have resolved the burning feet and Morton's neuroma.Also worked through neck pain. Just time and awareness. TMS gets you when you let your guard down. Compared to being sidelined 3 months with back pain all these are minor and not worrisome.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  12. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Cold shower for the feet and positive self talk:)

jimmylaw9 likes this.
  13. Peloqt1

Peloqt1 Newcomer

14. Peloqt1

Peloqt1 Newcomer

I would appreciate any suggestions on getting rid of the lump feel (in both feet) from a mortons neuroma I had 6 years ago. The nerve was removed, but the lump feel is still present.

15. miffybunny

The sensations you are experiencing are brain based. It's not in the foot. The way to reverse the brain's habit of sending these false alarm signals, is to not worry about them at all. Recognize that there is nothing wrong with your foot and it has long since healed. Resume normal life and lose all fear and focus on it.

16. Peloqt1

Peloqt1 Newcomer

Thanks for your reply. I feel I have been doing that since I was educated on the brain science several years ago by my therapist. It helped reduce my neuropathy pain by about 90%. However even though I don't think I'm focusing on the lump feel, or worried about it, maybe I am on some subconscious level.

I've had it for 6 years now and have been trying that technique for the last two after a visit to Adriaan Louw's clinic in Iowa, in addition they suggested that I walk around the house without my orthotics. I was just hoping you might have found another method I could try.

I'll continue to "not care" about it. Out of curiosity, did you experience a lump feel? If so, how long did you have it, and how long did it take for it to resolve?

Thanks again
    Tony

17. miffybunny

The brain creates all sensations so it makes sense that your brain would memorize the neuroma. I had sensations of walking on jagged rocks and all sorts of other bizarre sensations (flames, power drill, boa constrictor, stabbing, frostbite) as well as swelling, color changes and temp. changes. The reason this "one last thing" keeps hanging around is because doubt is lurking. You have to examine where the doubt stems from...are you harboring a belief that there's some kind of permanent damage where the surgery was? Is the doubt more pervasive in your life in general? My road to recovery was a long and bumpy one for various reasons. It took me a couple of years once I accepted the tms diagnosis. In your case, it sounds like doubt is holding you back a bit.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  18. Peloqt1

Peloqt1 Newcomer

Thanks for all the detail. I'll focus on that and keep at it. By the way, are you aware of Nicole Sachs podcast? Very helpful and interesting. It focuses entirely on resolving TMS.

Thanks again, have a nice day

19. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I imagine that the purpose of this exercise would have been to learn that you can do this without fear and anticipation of pain. Before I discovered Dr. Sarno I had a mindbody MD instruct me to do this, and he was right - I didn't need my orthotics and never used them again. He wasn't all that great about explaining what was going on in my brain, or giving me skills to manage my anxiety. Dr. Sarno and Claire Weekes did those two things for me (and I didn't go back to that doc "After Sarno").

It's all about retraining your brain to accept a different experience.

When the docs have said there is no reason for your symptoms, the ONLY method left is to retrain your brain and take control over your constant state of fear and anxiety. This usually requires doing the emotional work, but at the very least it requires committing to anxiety-reduction techniques.

Good for you for finding Nicole Sachs - she has a ton of fans on the forum and I think she's totally awesome - from her own recovery story to her techniques and advice, and for her deep compassion. As you listen to her, think about what it will take to have compassion for yourself as you do the work.

20. Tmswarrior32

Tmswarrior32 New Member

Hi I’m not new to TMS I believe in it and know it works but now I have developed Morton neuroma after walking in heels for miles in nyc. I feel the nerve moving and causing pain. You stated you healed from Morton neuroma with TMS work. Is that accurate? You no longer have the pain or uncomfortable pins and needle symptoms? I can’t find anyone anywhere that has healed of Morton neuroma with TMS so it makes it hard to believe it is TMS for me due to it being so physical and caused by a physical event