1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Broke Down After Eating Rice

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Balsa11, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Every time I have rice and beans for lunch I have this horrible brain fog that takes hours to go away and this time it was really bad. I first felt sleepy, then distracted, then depressed, then I broke down. It's unbelievable. I just want to feel like myself again. It's has never been this bad.

2. Krunoslav6

Krunoslav6 Newcomer

How long do you have tms? I also have similar problems with some types of foods.

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I suspect this is a case of "correlation is not causation". I've never heard of eating beans and rice causing the symptoms you describe. I suggest further exploration.

4. Krunoslav6

Krunoslav6 Newcomer

I was also having periods when after eating of some food my anxiety went through the roof. And it was random. Really weird. And i also was having brain fog and little balance problems when eating. And that period was not that short, about few months. So i know this really sucks. I also have problems with rice, beans and sometimes with pasta. Not every time which is really weird.

5. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

These are triggered responses to foods. The brain latches onto anything it can when it comes to anxiety. Unless you have been tested for a legit allergy, a reaction to food is wholly psychological.

backhand and Kittyruns like this.
  6. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I would also add that if anyone experiences symptoms after eating, exercising, moving a certain way or whatever only sometimes, it’s a sure sign it’s TMS. Try not to overthink everything you do.