1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bringing back the holiday theme

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

For a couple reasons, the holiday theme with the garlands at the top is no longer on by default:
    upload_2013-12-6_0-25-40.png

But it only takes 10 seconds to bring it back. Better yet, there is now four holiday themes to choose from.

Here's how:

Dahlia and G.R. like this.
  2. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Thank you, Forest,
    I am so enjoying these holiday themes. I having some fun with them.

Forest likes this.
  3. Forest

4. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

I totally just played @Steve Ozanich's arrangement! Hilarious! I'm enjoying the Gingerbread Man theme!

Forest likes this.
  5. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

My symptoms suddenly increase ... I used to dread the holidays, see if I can reverse the conditioning this year :)

6. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Duh, Forest! It must be me (not you), but how in the heck do you navigate to the Style Chooser page?

7. Forest

Heya, Bruce, I probably should have been clearer about this. In the video I click on a link at the bottom left hand corner of every page. Of course, rather than staying "Style Chooser," it says the name of the currently chosen style, which, in this case, is "PPD / TMS Peer Network." (It's named after our 501(c)3 nonprofit.) If you click on that, the Style Chooser will come up.

Here's a picture with the link circled:

upload_2013-12-8_19-4-54.png

It's great to see everyone enjoying the bells... they were relatively simple to install, and I got a kick out of doing it.

8. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

I must be a little kid or always wanted to play an instrument because I am still having so much fun enjoying the bells.
    I want to learn how to do something like that for my website. Thank you Forest, you rock!!!!

Forest likes this.
  9. BruceMC

Got it, Forest, and have implemented the Gingerbread Man theme. Thanks. Bet I never forget now!

Forest likes this.
  10. AndrewMillerMFT

AndrewMillerMFT Well known member

Hi Gigalos,

It's not an uncommon phenomena that symptoms increase around the time of holidays. Just imagine: if your unconscious lives a timeless existence then it remembers all the instances from your past where expectations were not met, emotions were not expressed, trauma and abuse occurred. For many of us, the holidays are the greatest trigger of remembering the past (whether we're doing it consciously or unconsciously).

I'm sure there's some science behind it that I'm unaware of, but the fact that holidays include explosions of sensory input (all those lights!) and often bring us closer to (or highlight how far away we are) our family and friends can often trigger many issues that necessitate TMS symptoms.

Forest likes this.
  11. BruceMC

That certainly describes in a nutshell the emotionally charged and ambivalent situations that used to unfold at my family gatherings at Christmas time where collective and individual expectations went unmet. That's when the big conflicts that had been simmering all year came out into the open, the struggles for power and dominance exploding into huge arguments and dramatic tableau vivants. But there always seems to be a great emotional divide between the idealized postcard version of Christmas and the way it actually is when the warring parties sit down for dinner and face each other across the table for the first time in many moons. Time to settle old grievances and remember old scores. I think it's the difference between the way it is and the way it's supposed to be that, in many cases, causes symptoms to increase around the time of the Holidays. The inner child wants a nostalgic sense of peace and security, but instead it has to face a combat zone filled with warring superego figures many of whom are a little tipsy and thus ready to let their rage come out of the closet. That perennial tension between the ideal and the real.

Personally, I think a lot of abandonment separation anxiety themes surface at social and family gatherings around the Holidays, uncomfortable emotions that stay safely hidden and repressed the rest of the year when the "warring parties" don't have to be in such close proximity with each other.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Forest likes this.