1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Breathing and Meditating aCCording to Steve OzaniCh

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Jul 3, 2015.

1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

I saw a podCast/interview this morning of Steve OzaniCh.
    He made an important point saying.. He did Meditation and Breathing to relax AutonomiC Nervous System to make the blood flow. This is exaCtly what he said. That's when he found the results.

Can somebody please tell me what should be those breathing and meditating exCerCises that I need follow.

Steve if you are following this post, please reply.

watCh from 10:30

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Most deep breathing advocates say breathe in through the nose to the count of 4, hold the breath for 4, then exhale through the mouth for 4. Repeat about 6 times. I find it very relaxing. It sends calming to the body and mind.

Some others suggest exhaling a little longer than inhaling, but whatever works for you.

I like to meditate while watching relaxation videos on Youtube.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

My favorite relaxation videos on Youtube are the nature videos by Okanokumo,
    a Japanese photographer who also is the musician playing the music.

4. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

also try breathing from the belly as this really opens up the torso entirely.

5. IndiMarshall

Thank you Walt. I did that today. I think this is called 4-4-4-6 method.

6. IndiMarshall

Is it something like this ?

IrishSceptic likes this.
  7. IrishSceptic

8. IndiMarshall

ok.. can I do this just before my dinner.. ensuring my stomach is empty ?
    can a 15 min regime enough ?

9. IrishSceptic

I never thought about food but I'd say do it in morning to help you wake up or do it at night to help you get to sleep.

IndiMarshall likes this.