1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Breakthrough.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Crissyxox, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

It's been a whirlwind of a couple of days. While I am on a self-care day, I thought I would write a quick update.

I kind of had a bit if a breakthrough although it was different than I thought it would be. As apart if my therapy I am finally standing up for myself (respectfully) and I am no longer letting my mil undermine me constantly (my biggest current stressor) . I am making big changes to create boundaries with both my husband and mil so that I stop feeling like I am in "their" marriage. While it involves major physical changes (moving) it feels good to be extremely honest with hubs and myself.

I cried last night and this morning uncontrollably for the first time in years. Here's what I learned:

I felt better. I literally felt calm after (which shocked me because of how violent it was).

My husband finally took me seriously because I was. It actually brought about some healthy changes that will make our family healthier instead of just harboring resentment and ultimately resenting other people.

I finally felt in control (although exhausted and swollen!)

Yay for progress. What I noticed today (after two weeks in therapy) is that I am experiencing so many less symptoms I almost forgot (but never actually forgot unfortunately). Progress is slow with some nagging symptoms but I am containing to not focus on them and I think (actually I know) things are starting to improve.

Yay!!!!

Thank you for your continued support.

Crissy

MWsunin12 and David88 like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Crissy. This is wonderful news. You are letting go and expressing and feeling the emotions causing your TMS pain. I'm glad you had the real good cry. That can be very releasing and calming. My sister had mil problems that made her ill. Her husband's mother lived with them, in the mil's house, and competed with my sister for everything including the son's love. Sis finally told him to make a choice between her and his mother and he chose my sister. They moved out and had a happy life after that. Maybe your husband just has to put you first.

3. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Haha Walt. You are right. Unfortunately this is just a piece of what causes my TMS but I am so thankful it happened.