1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

breakthrough on the horizon

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, Jul 16, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

I'm one week into trying to apply the TMS approach to my life. The biggest success that I've seen this week is that activities don't accelerate the pain.(some weakness and tremor increase but I doubt that's harmful). I think one issue of minE that keeps the pain going is the worrying and obsession. I've worried and obsessed about different aspects of my life as long as I can remember. And I realized out of all of the worrying there's always one thing that I obsess about overall and controls every aspect of my life. Whether it be school social issues relationship problems or whatever. Always seems to be one issue I worry about consistently and constantly. And I'll always trade one worry off for another. The last couple years the main worry is been my hands whether it's the pain the tremors The inflammation whatever. I let it control me and that cannot be helpful for getting rid of the pain. I can definitely see the perfectionist trait in me too. That's probably why I worry about everything so much because I need it to be perfect. I think I'm going to try to minimize some of the TMS approaches I apply to my life. I'm afraid I'm becoming a perfectionist at Trying to healing ha ha Ha. I'm going to try to relax more meditate and trade my worries for some other activity to distract me. ps. My symptoms have been switching back-and-forth. One day the pain will be distracting me another the hand tremors will be distracting me. Today I've been worried about some weird blue veins that Have been popping up in my fingers LOL that's stupid.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Distracting yourself is a good idea. reward yourself for doing it successfully too. Try and fill the day so that there is not the time for stressing and worrying. Mindfulness practice and meditation - long walks in nature - all take up lots of time and distract from the tms stuff. Like you say - don't try and be 'perfect' at healing - just be perfect at who you are...

jwiles likes this.
  3. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

Oh yeah I'm about to go walking and
    Listen to music here in a few. I live in a beautiful country side so taking in some nature will be nice