1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Brain creating new fear?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by kimaya, Aug 25, 2018.

1. kimaya

kimaya Peer Supporter

So I finally went to a therapist yesterday to overcome my fear, she believes alot in mind body .
    She told me to hold a pendulum and tell it to rotate clockwise i did and it moved and then she told me to tell it to rotate anti-clockwise i did and it moved anti-clockwise, iam a science student and a sceptic in nature
    But boy i was shocked asked her how did that happen
    She basically said the influence of mind if it could have so much power on outside things and think about your cells and muscles which you are contracting through strees.
    I can back k was happy and relieved then 2-3 hours later i started getting muscle aches like the muscle ache i used to get on the next day of going to dance class
    And haven’t been going to gym pr dance class from 2 weeks
    I never had muscle ache due to unexplained reason it isn’t flu as iam not running fever
    It’s just muscle ache and weakness
    So is it tms trying to create more fear and distraction?

2. Kevin Barry

Kevin Barry Peer Supporter

I have found that my TMS and my brain is capable of coming up with a myriad of symptoms that are all based on fear. For me, many times I can trace it back to a fear of dying but ultimately it is just all fear. Just scared of livin' n 'fraid of dying kind of stuff that I thank my brain for sharing but tell it that I got 'moment' in front of me that I have to concentrate on and don't have time to engage in its fantasies.

Time2be likes this.
  3. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Kevin Barry, scared of living, afraid of dying, precisely! I really need to be disciplined and not to follow those fear impulses. It’s a constant fight for me. The brain is very inventive ...

Kevin Barry likes this.