1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Borrowing a copy of The Great Pain Deception by Steve Ozanich

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi All,

@Steve Ozanich said somewhere in his book that if we wanted to reread it, we should buy another copy. Well, I must have taken him too literally because somehow I managed to end up with four paper copies and one or two kindle copies. Dunno what I was thinking.

More seriously, I was wondering if anyone would like to borrow a paper copy of Steve's book? I mean, right now my bookshelf is seriously unbalanced:

photo 1.JPG

Doesn't the shelf look unbalanced?! You all need to help me out!

(By the way, check out the book all the way to the right. That is a copy of the official Thank You, Dr. Sarno book. The original was given to Dr. Sarno by two of his most trusted psychologists and the guy who is doing the documentary about him when he retired. I kept a copy for our archives and usually bring it to conferences. You can read some of the stories in it at www.thankyoudrsarno.org . It's a great source of inspirational success stories.)

I bought them a year or two to lend them out and I think it would be an awful waste if they didn't get read. I was thinking that if someone sent me a personal message (just click on my photo and then click on "Start a Private Conversation") we can work out a good way for me to mail the book to you. I'd trust you to mail it back to me when you are done. Heck, even if someone doesn't mail one of them back, I want it to be read!

If you have difficulty sending the personal message, just let me know. Please don't post your personal information here, though. It's important to keep private stuff private on the internet. Speaking of such things, this isn't an official program of our 501(c)3 nonprofit, the PPD/TMS Peer Network, inc. I'm just offering the books as a fellow member of the forum.

Finally, observant readers may have wondered about the sign ("@") before Steve's name. That's a new feature of our new upgraded forum software. If you want someone to know you mentioned them, say it "at" them by using an at sign. They will get a little red alert in the upper right hand corner of the screen. (Confused? I'll be happy to explain it during a tour some time. Click here for more info about the tours. ) You can use this feature to get people's attention if they pay attention to the little alerts in the upper right hand corner of their screen. Please use this feature only very judiciously, like you might use someone's email address.

I hope you enjoy the book!

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

So you're the one who bought my book? I wondered who it was.

Hey, I just rang your Christmas bells above, that is cool. I didn't realize they actually worked, nice touch.

Your book shelf looks like mine did early on. Then I began to read Froyd and Yung, and all the past mindbody gurus. At the end of researching, the books were stacked shin-high all around the room like a sea of information. The end result was, that I can't stand reading another book. Give me music.

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heh. I need to free up shelf space so I can buy more books! I'm pretty tired of reading them, too, and it takes me forever, but I can't resist buying.

One copy already spoken for...