1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 13 Books I have found to be helpful in solidifying my belief in a TMS diagnosis

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lavender, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

What program, book or article has helped to solidify my belief in the TMS diagnosis?

I benefited most from reading “Pain Free for Life” by Scott Brady and from watching the DVD’s that one can order. His personal story of being well now after years of pain is encouraging, something I can cling to in hope. His chapters listing possible subjects for journaling are very helpful as well as the illustrations depicting the piles of repressed emotions.

nowtimecoach and mmo4 like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I have always liked his book as well, and it seems like more and more people are finding it helpful. His description of journalist is really good and I really enjoyed his description of the TMS personalities. I do tend to prefer Healing Back Pain, but Dr. Brady's book does offer a different perspective which I found to be very interesting. Have you read any other books?

nowtimecoach likes this.
  3. Lavender

How nice to receive your reply, actually my second since joining and having a welcome one from Eric I had a desperate night and all hope seemed to be going down the drain so it’s nice to have a friendly note this morning. I have been pretty much housebound for 2 ¾ years now dealing with pain.
    I also enjoy reading Healing Back Pain, have read Mind Body Prescription, and currently am reading Divided Mind. I think I had better buy the Claire Weekes book since anxieties related to pain and possibly never recovering are dominating my thoughts. I have read your encouragements to others to do something different, take a walk, etc. However my walking is severely limited. I know you are right though! At a local pool, I can walk 350 steps underwater with a floatie under my arms and my demeanor is noticeably better on my “big day out.”
    Best regards

nowtimecoach likes this.
  4. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Lavender - I totally get the housebound dealing with pain lifestyle! I can safely say that after three weeks of doing this program I am out much more than I have been in 2 years. The pain is not totally gone by any means but sooooo soooo much better. I read this forum and Sarno's book or another recommended book everyday to keep my focus in check. I have to congratulate you on your 350 steps in the water. The best part of that sentence is that your demeanor is noticeably better. THAT is the key for me - keep my tension in check and gratitude high!

yb44 likes this.
  5. Lavender

Thank you for sharing and I am so happy for your quick results. I have been working on the TMS treatment plan since late May without results yet. I can use encouraging stories like yours!

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lavender. I too found Dr. Brady's book very helpful in my TMS journey to become free of back pain.
    One thing I quickly tuned into was his suggestion that we bring God into our healing equation.
    I solved that and immediately felt better. I just decided to toss the ball to God and let him resolve the
    things going on in the world that I was having problems with. He took the ball and began taking away my pain.
    I still had to discover other repressed emotions but when I did, I had no more pain.
    So I owe a lot to Dr. Brady and his wise book.

I hope you're continuing to feel better from the pool therapy. Water, God, and dogs are all great healers,
    not necessarily in that order.