1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Book Recommendation??

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by joseph32, Jan 25, 2014.

1. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

Can anyone give a recommendation for book(s) on anxiety and/or the topic of relaxing on trying to be a perfectionists etc.? Thank you!

joseph

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Very good books on anxiety relief are these by Dr. Claire Weekes:
    SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES,
    PEACE FROM NERVOUS SUFFERING,
    SIMPLE, EFFECTIVE TREATMENT OF AGORAPHOBIA (which has a lot on anxiety).

I bet you can find used copies in a search at amazon.com books.

Herbie and I are writing a new book on TMS which will include sections on anxiety.
    You'll see posts about it on the TMSWiki when it's published in a month or less.

Meanwhile, anxiety can be reduced by thinking positive, living in the moment,
    deep breathing, positive mantras and affirmations, and massaging the "valley point"
    between the thumb and index finger on the hand, left hand first, then right hand, and repeat
    while deep breathing and saying affirmations: "I feel great. I am happy."

And think of happy times, places, and people you like being with and the things you did together.

They help do what an old song said, "Chasing the Blues Away."

joseph32 likes this.