1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bob Costas' pink eye

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Feb 9, 2014.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Was anyone else wondering about Bob Costas' funky glasses and funny looking eye? I told my hubby…"it looks like he's got pink eye!" So I consulted Dr. Google who confirmed that he did, indeed, have pink eye. And the coke bottle glasses were there because of it. (I'm not sure if they were special glasses or not, I've never hear of lenses for pink eye. Maybe he just has a powerful Rx?)

One news account stated he woke up with the first morning of the Olympics. What a co-inky-dink, huh?

Poor guy.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I didn't wonder about the glasses because so many celebrities wear sunglasses now.
    I think it's because they're aging and their eyes show it so they don't want us to see their eyes.
    Aging celebrities can lose their jobs if they look old.
    I did notice his hair is so black at his age that he must have it colored.
    A friend did that because he was an advertising agency executive and didn't want his gray hair to give away his age.
    He retired last year and let his hair go back to mostly gray and he looks ten years younger!

3. North Star

It was the squinted eye that caught my eye. (And it didn't help that my son just had pink eye not too long ago so I recognized it.)

It's a shame that our culture frowns upon signs of aging. But I'll admit…I color my hair but not diligently. I started turning gray at the tender age of 19. Once, during one of my "color lapses" I had the Costco greeter once ask me if my kids were my grandkids. :jawdrop:

Guess what I did the next day? ;)

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I have nothing against coloring the hair at any age. I did it myself until I got tired of it and left it all gray.

I do think that a man with all gray hair but whose face looks younger is about the best-looking
    a man can be. Especially if the eyebrows are dark.

Some men age gracefully and their face looks great, like Cary Grant.
    But William Holden, one of the best-looking actors when younger, had a lined, aged face.
    I don't think he was happy. It shows.

North Star likes this.
  5. North Star

Totally agree with your observations. My aunt had the most beautiful silver hair -- with her blue eyes, her beauty was striking. But I think for the most part, culture isn't so kind to gray-haired women. Not that that bothers me a great deal, I've always been one to thumb my nose at convention. Just not sure that I want to be gray….heck, I can be any color I want! ;)

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Right, North Star. Be any color you want. You're bright glowing yellow inside and that's what matters.

North Star likes this.
  7. North Star

Hmmmmm…maybe I should try yellow….hee hee….I don't think so! (And ditto for bright pink. )

8. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

I had a friend who used purple henna over her long, greying hair. It looked fabulous on her! I wish I had the nerve but I absolutely do not.

Did you invent "co-inky-dink", North Star? I'm going to steal it, so there.;)

9. North Star

Steal away, njoy! I wish that little word creation was my own but alas, it is not. I think I first heard it on a radio show and than it seems….everywhere!

And nope, I'm not ready to be purple. Maybe I should toss my conservative roots to the wind and do just that! Nah. I'm not ready to look like a mythical creature.

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Maybe the word "co-inky-dink" came from Jimmy Durante
    who sang a song called "Inky-Dinky Do." Or something like that.

North Star likes this.