1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

blood supply

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by miquelb3, Jun 21, 2017.

1. miquelb3

miquelb3 Well known member

according dr. Sarno muscular pain is the result of a mild ischemia created by the brain.
    But I wonder if that mild ischemia is the result of a particular distribution of the blood supply within the musculoeskeletal system .... or the consequence of the difficulty of the blood to flow throught a very tense musculature (with hypertension as secondary effect?)

I assume I am confused !

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

It could be both!

For example, when I was in a car accident and my neck was in severe pain, I deduced that due to the injury my muscles were tense and blood was not getting in as it should thus causing my neck to hurt. So I took some L-arginine. L-arginine is an amino acid that increases nitric oxide production and dilates blood vessels, which increase blood flow. Viola! my neck pain improved within a few minutes. I usually take L-arginine to help with my workout routine and recovery.

So it could be both. What is important to know is that it can be very painful but it is harmless and reversible.