1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Blocked ear - TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by albertmac, Nov 29, 2015.

1. albertmac

albertmac Newcomer

Hi there

About a month ago I started getting a blocked ear in the morning. It feels my left ear is underwater and everything sounds muffled. It usually only lasts until the late morning/afternoon but today it has been particularly bad (it's been all day and still no sign of leaving).

The fact that today has been particularly bad makes me think it could be TMS. I drank quite a lot of alcohol yesterday and I've been feeling quite stressed recently.

I've had TMS before - back pain/shoulder pain and wheat gluten intolerance but I managed to cure those a long time ago. I've only read one TMS book: 'Healing Back Pain'.

Any thoughts? Should I read another book? Which one?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, albertmac. Many people with TMS say that besides Dr. Sarno's books, they found most help from Steve Ozanich's book, The Great Pain Deception. You may just need a boost in confidence that your ear problem, is TMS. You say you had a lot to drink over the weekend, so that could mean a sort of leftover hangover. Also, you have been stressed lately. That could mean TMS wants you to work on your emotions.

I suggest you begin the Sructured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site, to discover what those troublesome emotions are.